Get More Stuff: Changes are Coming to the Card Hunter Economy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 21, 2014.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

That's just stupid implication. Of course it should cost much less than 30 day Club membership.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think 10 pizza would be about right, if keys are offered. It's equivalent to 1 day of club membership, but only works on one drop. For people who can only play much about 1 day a week or less, it's a good alternative to club membership even if they buy 3 or 4 keys a day when playing. Desirable epics are worth buying a key for at that price, so BM might actually sell a bit more pizza.

3. Questor

Questor Ogre

That sounds fair in theory but it isn´t for BM. If it would cost only 10 pizza why would anybody get Club Membership and you know yourself how often you get a real good legendary.

All these changes are not only to "Get More Stuff", it is also bring in more funds. If farming is limited and you really want that legendary this week but you don´t have time to farm 10 hours you might think about buying a bit of pizza. So it would be really great to get the legendaries for 10 pizza and never bother to get Club Membership but BM needs to pay bills.

doog37 likes this.
  4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I agree that giving an option to unlock the Club Membership slot whenever you please would make buying Club Membership obsolete.. at least to me.

Also, I don't see myself buying Club Membership on its own at the moment. It's an excellent supplement in the starter pack and in the expansion, but IMHO it's not worth the pizza on its own.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I think such an item should have a premium over an item in the store... but at that point you could just get the 1 month of club membership for 300 pizza.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

But on the lockpick idea... If it were 50 pizza I think that would be closer to the optimal price between value to the player and value to BM... EXCEPT you can only buy pizza in certain increments, which basically pushes you to either drop $10 (or more) or not spend any money.
    I know there is a lower limit to what makes sense to accept in terms of a minimum payment, but $10 is just enough to make people think about it. I would drop $3 at a time without much thought. I f I could straight up buy a legendary for $3 or $4 a pop, I would probably have spent $30 more than I have already on club memberships.

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well I think you stumbled onto something. I think if every month of club membership came with an epic treasure chest it would be more enticing a tangible benefit right away.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Ppl, we did the lockpick idea a year ago.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gee, this is probably the first idea that's been repeated. :rolleyes:
    You may be right. BM will know how many memberships are selling. After the changes I'm less inclined to buy.

neoncat likes this.
  11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I am as well. I'll probably spend what pizza I do have on figures. I'd prefer to buy a club membership and run the hunt. But as it is, I'm better off picking and choosing in the shop. Even if I have to wait a couple weeks to restock my gold, (I average around 500g - 700g a week even with light farming.) with the Daily Deal and Randimar's I can just wait until the item comes around again. Meh.

12. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

13. Trotim

Trotim Kobold

I've been casually playing solely in single player and recently finished all the handicap quests. I don't want to redo them or farm them, I'd just like some reward for having done them. Can't you check how many quests an account has already finished and give something based on that? It doesn't have to be as much as you get for doing them in the future but getting nothing is a bit disappointing. Feels like a loss

Looks like until the update comes out I won't be doing anymore quests

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I'll probably ask for a quest reset if i dont get post-completion recognition.

15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

17. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Rather than resetting quests, what if everyone received a magnificent chest for every completed quest on their account when the patch is implemented?

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh, that would be great!

19. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

Fantastic! I, too, would prefer to have some ex-post-facto award for quests already completed than a quest-reset option. I would be fine with a set amount of pizza and/or gold per quest, as well as magnificent chests.

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That kind of seems like double dipping to me. Not only do you get the rewards for doing the quest, but you get another reward for a reset and then can do it again. Okay, maybe even triple dipping.