Get More Stuff: Changes are Coming to the Card Hunter Economy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Questor

Questor Ogre

I am glad they are gone.

2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Idea for the loot bandit: what if he doesn't change locations until found? That way players could hunt for him at their own pace, but dedicated players could hunt for him more often.

Robauke, j3st3ri, Vholes and 6 others like this.
  3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

That is awesome. (And I would actually hunt for him then.)

Vakaz likes this.
  4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I don't think he was referring to me? I mean, I am for MP changes more than SP -- but I'm definitely for SP changes. Heck, I mean didn't I *just* post about how SP is being shafted and could use some love due to the recent balance changes (Firestorm farming and Diamond Mines).

5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I think Flax meant about you being the squeaky wheel getting grease, not implying you pushing MP to the detriment of SP.

6. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Then it can never be in treasure hunts, and it's also not that great for beginning players that have major difficulties with certain maps.

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Then maybe it moves after a week instead of 25 hours? I do like the idea of having more than a day to do the hunting. I rarely get a chance to go through the entire campaign in a day. When I do it's usually a weekend on a bad weather day.

PDXTai likes this.
  8. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I don't think it would be too difficult to simply exclude treasure hunts. This would also make hunting him everyday more feasible (for the players crazy enough to do that ;)).

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Nice idea. And if it could also visit treasure hunts it would give players more reason to unlock them ;)

Vakaz likes this.
  10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I always thought the loot fairy should enchant 1 regular adventure and 1 treasure hunt adventure, every day. So nobody misses out, and if you did support the game by unlocking the treasure hunts you get twice the loot.

As for the bandit, it would be super cool if he stayed in place long enough to find him. That would be enjoyable, as I would probably play through the whole campaign (more or less) every week or two.

Still want a hard mode though.

hatchhermit and Stexe like this.
  11. Questor

Questor Ogre

Please donĀ“t, there are a lot of adventures which are just no fun at all. I would prefer to skip a few bandits until he is at my regular adventures.
    Also, he should give at least a epic item.

12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Like I said, it would be nice to actually search for the bandit as opposed to randomly running into him. If the Bandit moved to a new location every day, I would never play SP with the intent of finding him, there is too many levels. Only time I would find him is during a nudie run, or possibly some other reason like beating all the level 2-5 adventures or making a mistake hunting for the Loot Fairy.

If the bandit stayed in one place for a week, moving to a new location once you find him or a week has passed, it would be a lot more fun for me. Anyone else?

j3st3ri and hatchhermit like this.
  13. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Okay so I am very pleased :)with the buff to MP chests, the pizza to gold and pizza to chests changes are cool, I hope they achieve their intended consequences, I know I am much more likely to cash in pizza for gold at these rates espcially with all of the goodies for sale daily and weekly.
    The change to the Kobolds makes sense to me I always thought farming level 6 adventures was lame.

For the Loot Bandit here is my brilliant idea. Have him give you 1 epic or legendary treasure in addition to the chest at the end (instead of the Loot fairy payout). If you make it a Legendary treasure everytime you would probably have a lot of excited hunters and think of the exictment a player going through for the first time would feel (once they realized how much it sold for).
    I would love an adventure reset, but I agree with whomever said that there would be an avalanche of people who would want the reset to get the better treasure payouts.

Finally second idea, have a weekend madness sale. For 1 weekend only club membership (only for 30 days and only 1 purchase) is half the pizza. Get people more motivated to buy pizza and hooked on the club membership. I think you might have done this once but I might be mis-remembering.
    I am not only saying this because my club membership runs out in 5 days. :rolleyes:

14. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

It would be more fun for me as well.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I prefer a daily shift for the bandit, but I can understand the reasons for wanting an Until Found/Weekly shift.
    If it isn't daily, I think treasure hunts should be excluded. Hiding it for a week isn't good.
    Edit: I've bought all the treasure hunts, but not everyone has.

16. Questor

Questor Ogre

Why not add a third loot enhancer which is only found in Treasure Hunts.
    That way people might consider to buy and spend some pizza.
    Because the incentives to have Treasure Hunts or Club Membership are not that great.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah, for me "Club Membership" = some legendary I desperately want dropping in the box one time. And then playing slightly more for a month.

If you could pay 1$ to get the item from the box , I would have spent 37 more dollars on this game. I find it hard to justify a month of membership for most items, but it's easy to play every day casually to get the Loot Fairy and play some MP.

j3st3ri likes this.
  18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

It would be cool to be able to buy a disposable lockpick to open a club membership slot temporarily.

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

That would be a very heavy handed micro-payment.
    But i guess i would welcome a reasonable way to spend minor amounts of pizza.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  20. Questor

Questor Ogre

With the new exchange rate a legendary item will cost 250 pizza, so such a lockpick should cost as much.