Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

That looks pretty fantastic.

2. Mahuloq

Mahuloq Kobold

Ya Im ready for dungeonland so hard. Also War of the Human Tanks seems rad, I love VNs and since I started playing them a few months ago I burnt through like 20 x.x Im a little bunrt out now lol. The VN community on reddit is pretty good but you see alot of the same questions alot.

3. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

I've been playing a lot of Xcom: Enemy Unknown, Planetside 2 and DotA2 lately. Another game I can only recommend is Bastion. Its a bit older (for Internetstandarts, came out in 2011). Interesting visual Style, great narrative and cool story. Worthy to check out.

4. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

Oooo Bastion. You have inspired me to fire it up again tonight and start another play-through of it. I definitely agree that it's worth checking out if you haven't, for all the reasons Ishida mentioned.

5. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

well since weve just started digging up the old stuff...i recently dug up one of my all time favorites....deus ex...god this game is good...the first mission alone has tons of secret stuff you can discover and i can think of at least 3 ways to get into the statue off the top of my head without even trying
    also as far as i remember you can play the game without actually killing anyone...god this was good =)

6. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Ooooh, Deus Ex. Brings back memories. Mostly of wathching a friend of mine doing a nonlethal playthrough, but memories noetheless... i should really complete that game someday..

While digging into the classics, i feel like there is another game that not that many people know but is bloody brilliant: Arcanaum: Of Steamworks and Magik. Imagine Baldurs Gate. In a Steampunk setting. Yes. YEEEES

7. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

oh yeah i love arcanum...stumbled over it in a bargaining bin quite a few years ago...and since it has been traded between me and my sister a lot^^
    recently got the gog version so we dont have to do that anymore...oh the crazy builds you can do...
    only thing annoying me is that you dont really profit all that much from having high reaction or beauty values...would certainly be cool if npcs at least remarked on the most beautiful woman they must have seen in years....
    or remember that annoying bouncer at the gentlemans club in tarant...seriously...if he isnt gay he should be going out of his way to help...hell my char was at 100+ reaction and i believe effective 18 beauty...quite charming too...still a no go...
    ah but well...building a tesla rifle or spiderbots totally makes up for that XD

8. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Dabbled into Xcom again, with the warspace extension mod the difficulty gets taken up a notch , especially terror missions ..... oh these terror missions ....

9. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

10. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

wait wait wait...youre saying theres a second spirit engine.....NOOOOOOOOOOO...there goes more free time

11. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I'm so sorry that you'll be absorbed for over 40-80h into the second one... count in all the difficulty levels and compositions - and suddenly the time waiting for Card Hunter beta invite will be much more pleasurable! Have fun! After replaying the game for 10 times it's still... not enough.

12. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

too many games....right now i must have about 10-20 games waiting to be played/finished...

13. VexingVision

VexingVision Kobold

Spending my time alternately playing Path of Exile and Tropico 4. It is a perfect combination, just waiting for Card Hunter in the proper mix.

14. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If you want something really interesting in Arcanum, try a really stupid character.

15. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

or if you need the int take the idiot savant background...im not sure if its called that...but you get +6 int and talk like you had low int
    and yes its pretty funny^^
    but you miss a lot of sidequests that way afaik

16. Pengw1n

Yup, and only pick magic if you're logic for ezmode. I have fond memories of the game, used to be a Troika Games fanboy, wrote for their fansite et c. Man, those were the days.

17. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

oh well you can always go for the dwarf no necromancy mage build^^
    im told that is pretty challenging
    PS: someone offered to DM dungeonland and give everyone who makes it on hard or higher a day of his beta account...could you pm me with your steam nick...i would love to take you up on that...if not for the beta then for the fun^^

18. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

I would join that quest. Just have to get Dungeonland.... Would be ready in about 1 or 1,5 weeks :D

19. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Another oldie but goodie that I just started again is called Night Watch. It's based on the movie of the same name, and you play this guy that's caught up in the whole supernatural light guys versus dark guys kind of war thing. Think Constantine without Keanu saying "woah" every two minutes (I know he doesn't, but I exagerate, lol). The game itself is a tactical RPG type game with a lot of cool powers and stuff, and this thing called "the Gloom" that you can enter that is like another dimension where only the supernatural "Others" can go into and where they do a lot of their fighting each other so that mankind is largely unaware of the battle.

20. Pengw1n

Lol, Dungeonland is hard as nails - just got it myself, TB kicked his buddies behinds on "very easy". LOVE the theme music btw, sounds like a cross between original Star Trek and Conan. Campfest!