Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Any idea of how to get those to work on Windows 7 64 bit? I tried once, and no dice.

2. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

you could get it on gog those usually work really well on current systems
    and well last time i tried my old shadow magic on my win7 it worked perfectly
    you could try compatibility mode too

3. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Bought a neverwinter nights complete from gog and didn't read the tiny print saying it doesn't work with win7 x64.... Eventually I'll get around to finding the hack to play it on my system as is without partitioning or what ever. Anyone know how to break that?

4. CletusVanDamme

CletusVanDamme Mushroom Warrior

I keep wanting to play Mask of the Betrayer but I'm one of those people who can't just jump into a series, I have to start at the beginning. Unfortunately I can't be bothered getting through the original NWN2 campaign.

5. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

oh cmon the original campaign isnt that bad...its kinda generic but not bad...
    and your character in MotB has some memory loss anyway so it doesnt matter that much if you havent played the original campaign...you get a few moments of recognition if you have tho

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Oh man, not playing MotB you'll be missing out - original NWN2 campaign, not so much.

7. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Did anyone make a random dungeon generator for NWN2? I know there was one for NWN (Infinite Dungeons), but I didn't think it was all that good.

Also, I just started getting into PS2 emulation. Is it against the rules to talk about that here?

8. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

The new Neverwinter online game started it's first public/closed beta today. You can buy in, which is kinda eh. They also don't have all the classes for release in this weeks beta but I believe they will com in the next two that are dated fairly close from now.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

This game excites me greatly but since i moved away from the city i have a wireless connection and they just aren't good enough for playing action rpg games even with 4G antenas and stuff

10. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Sadly you can not GM your custom made dungeons like in neverwinter nights but i do like the look of the game from the recent twitch video and TB's WTF is.

11. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

So, I got Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic on GoG this weekend and stuck the whole Weekend into this. This is one of the better Games I played. Ever.

I saw that there is a multiplayer option; looks like I have to harass all my friends now :D

Pengw1n likes this.
  12. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

<fanboymode>

System Shock 2, imho one of the best Survival Horror Games out there (and one of my favorite Games) is now avaliable on GoG.

System Shock is a Cyberpunk-Survival Horror that merges RPG with Survival Horror FPS. It can at best be compared to Deus Ex. I wont say much about the story due to Spoilers, but the Voice Acting is great, Music very moody and the Gameplay so phenomenal. Get it. Now!!

</fanboymode>

13. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

I was thinking about getting it anyways.... off to gog.com!

14. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yeah, I'll be replaying System Shock 2 as well. My copy is lost in limbo somewhere and I'm very happy to be able to snag another copy :)

15. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Hmm...What game do I know of that you can play untill you get the beta key to a game where you control a character though playing cards that you collect and for a deck.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (But prepare for fustration!):mad:

16. Zolof Kimblee

Zolof Kimblee Mushroom Warrior

Waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines...oh wait, that happened! It wasn't just a nightmare... :eek::confused:

But seriously, Impire seems to be a good Dungeon Keeper descendant...might be worth a look.

17. rvm1975

rvm1975 Kobold

18. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

on the matter of impire...you might want to check TB's recent wtf is... impire
    it still is only his opinion but after viewing that i am not that thrilled to buy it
    aquaria and dynamite jack are pretty fun to bridge the gap
    and i recently tried magical diary...and its kinda good...the characters are interesting and you have tons of replay value because most situations have tons of different ways to come out based on what you learned and who you talked to and so on....

19. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Yeeeeah, on the matter of Magical Diary: I FLIPPIN LUV EET!!1!

Seriously though, this game brings out the teenage girly boy in me. It's like you can play your Harry Potter Fanfic (and dont lie, it IS a Harry Potter Fanfic without the rights) you wrote when you were 12. I love it. Play it. Or dont. Your loss :D

20. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Might look into this magical diary....