Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I hope dungeon rampage is what you say it is. I'm going to give it a go and hope it's good. :)

2. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

It most certainly is. Yes, it's cheesy, but I DID say Castle Crashers was part of the equation. Let me know what you think! I find it awesome.

3. CletusVanDamme

CletusVanDamme Mushroom Warrior

I've been replaying Skyrim and playing Borderlands 2 in a premade group. On mobile I've been playing Baldur's Gate, Candy Crush (you may laugh!) and some Shadow Era.

Will probably check out Skulls of the Shogun later today.

4. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Hahah, I've been playing some Candy Crush too. :D

5. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

My entire weekend vanished to this, thanks for the good suggestion! :D

Having played V:TES for a few years, it was nice to find an online CCG that at least has a little bit of complexity and "element synergy" online...

6. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

A Game i recently got back into and discovered it as a lot of Fun: Bloodbowl!

Although there is a lot of random stuff going on (lotsa dice, although you can influence your chances quite significantly), I even had fun in Singleplaye. Worthy to check out :D

BUT: I have been told that the Game shows its most fun in Multiplayer. I also heard you could do a whole own League with lotsa Players... How about a "We-are-waiting-for-Cardhunter-League"? Just throwing that out there, hope organizing this kinda stuff doesnt violate the rules here :D If yes, Admins, feel free to delete this paragraph ou of the post.

7. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Love me some Bloodbowl. Do you have the Legenday Edition?

8. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

As a matter of fact yes, yes I do. Any other takers?

On the matter of my post to Bloodbowl: The singly player campaign can get frustrating due to the fact that a lot of stuff is decided thorugh random dice rolls. You can can screwed over quite hard if you're unlucky (although I'm convinced that the AI is simply a cheating bastard, but thats just me).

9. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Wouldn't the multiplayer be just as frustrating, then? It has as much luck involved as the single player game, I would wager. But I'm not all that good at the game yet, so when I lose, I'm sure it's because I suck, and not because of bad luck OR a cheating AI. I've actually read messages from more seasoned BB players that say they can consistently steamroll the AI. But I doubt I'll ever be so good at the game to have that problem, lol.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Play orcs kill them all 0-6 who cares if they can't field a player they lose

11. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

^^ Its different when you have bad luck against the AI or another player, at least in my Opinion. Its mostly because of the fact that when u have bad lcuk with another player, you can both laugh about your epic fail and have fun. When you have bad luck against the AI all that remains is you that is kinda pissed because you had bad luck. At least its that way with me.

The thing with the skillevel is actually true. I actually quite suck at this game, i never played it for more than an hour at a time until recently. A friend of mine absolutely destroys the AI with the Teams of his choice.

It's a point that I like to discuss with other gamers: How much random/luck do you like in your game (I think there's a heated discussion like this going on in the Beta-Forums). I like my Games with a good prise of Random (I spent days playing Nethack, Dungeons of Dredmor, Dwarf Fortress and other Roguelikes), especially when it can completely screw me over because I know when I can finally do it, i can do it everytime no matter which thing or event comes when (not that I ever made it, but thats another story).Bloodbowl just has this extra way of screwing me over, and because I dont know how to win at it yet, it sometimes frustrates me to death, and then I take a break from it. Until a few hours later, when I edit my post and try again :D

But I digress; Bloodbowlleague with CardHunters, who's in?

12. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

I actually play Orcs, but I really have to play a Game for kills one time....

13. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

If you like the CCG fantasy theme check out www.eredan.com. Its a cross between Urban Rivals and MtG. Pick 3 characters, and make a deck of 20+ cards to boost your/screw their stats in fights. First to knock out the others characters wins. Regular new cards, and some interesting weekly trophies to keep it interesting. Play games to earn cash to buy and trade cards.
    And lots of players online which helps.
    Cheers, womble.

14. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

I actually tried this one out, it is quite a bit like Urban Rivals.. though I don't see Mtg part heh. :) If you like those games like Urban Rivals this will definitely be a fun one for ya. :)

15. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

I guess the MtG came from the deck building aspect. It actually makes it a lot more interesting than UR and there is some skill in choosing the right cards to compliment the characters.

16. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Ah okay that is how ya meant it. I was picturing mana, tapped cards, etc. heh.

17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Oh great, another game I have to wait for!

Grombak likes this.
  18. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Yes, please give us more Games to wait for, because thats the purpose of this thread *walks away shouting*

Looks very interesting, thx for putting it on my radar

19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If you like the look of it, I suggest trying the earlier Age of Wonders. Especially Shadow Magic. So.... awesome. A few years old, but kings of gameplay.

20. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

Thanks, I will give them a try, will post my opinions on them in here :D