Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Garnet Demon Portal 1 Aftermath
    The text has a typo, I think it was to do with pillar, should be "a pillar" or "pillars" instead of plain pillar. Sorry about the vague description, I wasn't able to write it down at the time. I might remember the word wrong but the general typo category was as described.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Garnet Demon Portal 5 Aftermath
    "The demon's bodies" -> "The demons' bodies"

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

After the Garnet Demon Portal has ended, Gary says: "I'm getting a bit more confident with this GM-ing stuff, Jarmo". The sentence is missing the full stop after the player name.

4. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

The infamous excel not showing [...] bug. Fixed for upcoming release, thanks!

5. Ben_Lee

Fixed for upcoming release, thanks!

6. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next release, thanks!

7. Ben_Lee

8. Ben_Lee

Text changed to "eight turns" for upcoming release. Thanks!

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The on-card tooltip for Saving Roll says "Cancel this effect if you roll above the card's die number." The die picture tooltip says "Save on a roll of 4 or more." (when the die face is showing four dots). Either the first tooltip is wrong or I'm misunderstanding what "above" means when used in the context of die rolls.

The same issue shows up in one of the loading hints (text copied from the wiki): "Cards with a die icon only take effect if you can roll higher than the die value shown." That seems more unambiguously wrong.

10. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Order of the Core, introduction to encounter 1. The final sentence ends "!.", the full stop needs removing.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

There are two cases here. Die rolls for card with the saving roll mechanic and those without.

By default: Cards with a die icon only take effect if you can roll higher than the die value shown. Using Parry as an example: if you roll 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for a Parry, you are considered to have parried an attack.
    Card with Saving Roll: Cancel this effect if you roll above the card's die number. Using Unstable Bolt as an example: if you play a move card and roll 3, 4, 5, 6...you are considered safe from the 'bad' effect and won't take the 4 Arcane damage.

Loading hints doesn't differentiate cards with saving rolls.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Parry has a die image with two dots on it. Did I understand correctly that you think "roll higher than the die value shown" means to roll the same number or more? Is this a common reading of the phrase "roll higher than" in the context of die rolls? The same goes for "roll above the card's die number". In both of your examples, you list the same number that shows on the card die as a pass. So "higher than" and "above" are read as "equal or more"? Is that it?

13. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Looks to me like you are correct. The die rolls in this game are always "equal to or better" than the number on the card for the effect to occur (or, in the case of Saving Roll, not occur). The first tooltip is wrong and the loading hint is wrong. Both should say "... roll equal to or above/higher..."

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Against the Cockroaches 1 Aftermath
    citys ecosystem -> city's ecosystem

Also, the hand-written module cover text has "tyranical" instead of "tyrannical" but that might be intentional to be authentic to the module author.

EDIT: Gary uses "tyranny" in his speech caption in part 3 so the above might be unintentional after all.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Against the Cockroaches 2 The Demon Stink
    Morvin the Malodourous -> Malodorous
    (Gary uses the correct spelling in his speech caption so I guess the above misspelling is unintentional)

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Descent to the Core 3 Aftermath
    "It is still unclear what he was working towards though." -> "It is still unclear what he was working towards, though."
    There's a necessary comma missing.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

One of the loading hints: "If a black drawback cards is a Trait, it replaces itself."

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Goblins in the Woods 1 Aftermath
    "which it looks as if the goblins use both as ladder and mooring" -> "which looks as if the goblins use it both as ladder and mooring"

19. Ben_Lee

Fixed both for upcoming release, thanks!

20. Ben_Lee