Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. On the front page of the module for The Defense of Woodhome...

"You must sssist in the town's desperate defense..."

I think that should be assist.

2. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release, thanks!

3. gereun

gereun Kobold

almost not worth mentioning but..
    Campaign 'Highway Robbery' Aftermath 1
    Melvin: "That was the wrong intro Gary. [...] You need a total command of your brief."

4. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Dungeon of the Lizard Priest: it looks as though Slub Gut has been removed from the final encounter. Is this intentional? The intro text mentions him being there and now the Dungeon of the Lizard Priest doesn't actually feature any Lizard Priests...

5. Ben_Lee

That is a bug and it has been fixed, just waiting for release. Sorry about that!

6. dds128

dds128 Kobold

Don't know if this was brought up yet.
    [​IMG]
    Notice how because the name takes up two lines the level on the opposite side states it as if "Kraydor The" is lvl. 3 & "Overbearing" is lvl. 2, while "Treebark" doesn't have a lvl.

7. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

"Altruism triggered draw for (eventTargetGroups)."

8. Lair of the Yellow Dragon, text pre-second-mission text: "Eww. Gross. Why would I want to eat anything but pizz,a Melvin? Sorry man, we've got to finish this game!"

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Return to Woodhome module cover, last sentence: "teh undead".

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sinister Wood module cover: "friches hidden with this forest" should be "riches" and "within".

EDIT:
    Order of the Core's module cover says "In the hills near Shieldhaven", and the first pre-battle text says "far to the north". But the actual map location is across the bay from Shieldhaven and south of about half the dungeons.

EDIT2:
    On the third map of Descent to the Core Karen says you finally meet Arum, but he was present in the previous two battles. Also, all three types of geomancer have "[null]" in the middle of their descriptions, even though it was supposedly fixed earlier for the apprentices.

EDIT3:
    Temple of Scales:
    Names of the first, second, and fourth maps are too long to be displayed during battle.
    Tutorial text before third battle: "ten feet poles".

EDIT4: (probably last edit)
    Dungeon of the Swamp King:
    Last map is named "Duke's Dungeon" and the boss is named "Duke Oggencot", but everywhere else in the module (including the module title and the pre- and post- text for the last battle) it talks about "King Oggencot".

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The final victory text for CardStock II Secret Preview has a bundle of spelling errors: "phyician," "congratualte," "scincerity," and "Orisius" (I believe the last was "Osirius" elsewhere). It's enough to make me think it's supposed to be deliberate, but nothing else in the module has this many errors, so I report it.

12. I am going through the campaign and just finished the Wizard's Workshop. Text there reads "from it's artificially animated assailants", but it should be "its" (in the Aftermath screen).

13. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Highway Robbery, aftermath of encounter 3, sentence 2: "The greedy goblins pockets..." is missing an apostrophe. Should be "The greedy goblins' pockets..."

Ruby Demon Portal, aftermath of encounter 1, sentence 1: "Inside several of the demons, are useful treasures." The comma is unnecessary.

14. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Prison Warden, Battle 4:
    Gary says "Do you think that if you freed the the Baron's [...]"

15. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

In the second Geomancers treasure hunt mission, the monsters have descriptions like Practiced [null] Geomancer.

16. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Forest of Souls adventure:
    [​IMG]

The Forest Foraging adventure aid card near the board has a few entries that may be typos:
    9 Posion Oak patch
    11 Were Rabbit
    I assume those are supposed to be poison oak and wererabbit... But they might be also intentional.

17. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison, aftermath of encounter 2 - second sentence is missing a full stop.

18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

In the Arena Qualifiers mission, I believe the first stage description there is a part that says "Carhuntria" instead of "Cardhuntria" In other words, there's a 'd' missing. Note: I can't remember if that's the appropriate name for the world (I know it's the wiki name) but regardless, there's a 'd' missing. :)

19. Ben_Lee

I'm back!
    Fixed for next release, thanks!

20. Ben_Lee

All fixed for next release, except "Tutorial text before third battle: "ten feet poles". Which I can't find occuring anywhere. Thanks!