FYI: hotmail flags account activation email as spam

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bink, Jul 30, 2011.

1. bink

bink Kobold

forum account email heads straight to the bin at the moment, bit uncool.

2. admin

admin Blue Manchu Staff Member

Thanks for alerting us to this problem. We're fixing up the reverse DNS and some other things that will hopefully help with this.

Until then, if you are trying to register for the forums and can't find your confirmation email, please contact us directly by clicking "contact us" at the bottom of the page. We will enable your new account directly.

Thanks.

3. admin

We've made a couple of changes to the registration email that should make it less likely to be picked up as spam. If you are trying to register and are still having problems receiving the registration email, please let us know (you can use the "contact us" link to email even if you can't post yet).

Thanks,

Card Hunter admin team.

4. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

Thanks, ive been having issues getting my accout certified and now it works!

5. Aerozol

Aerozol Kobold

Worked fine for me.

6. I never had a problem with regestering with a g-mail account *shrugs*

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

I tried to sign up using a hotmail at first and the email just never showed up. I tried getting the forum to resend the email, but same thing. Eventually I just gave it a gmail instead.

8. Diamondius

Diamondius Kobold

I had the same problem with hotmail, the emails never showed up not even in spam.. I had to switch to yahoo to log in

9. admin

Sorry, I'm kind of out of ideas about how to get hotmail not to decide the registration is spam. If you get really stuck, send a message using the "contact us" link at the bottom right of the forum.

10. admin

Another option you could try from hotmail is to add info@cardhunter.com to your contacts. That might get the confirmation email through the spam filter.

11. MrKaralis

MrKaralis Mushroom Warrior

gmail worked fine here!

12. SarcasmO

SarcasmO Kobold

I couldn't get Hotmail to work either with forum activation. I tried setting info@cardhunter.com in my contacts but no difference unfortunatly. Resorted to using my provider email but would like to change to my Hotmail adress in the future.
    It might be a good idea to add some text about Hotmail signups like the Gmail warning when trying to activate accounts. I clicked resend a couple of times before i checked the forum to find out why it didn't work.

13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I changed the thread title to "hotmail", since that seems to be the problem now, not gmail.

14. dudy80

dudy80 Kobold

Had all kinds of issues with this, thanks for activating my account.

15. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

Had no problems whatsoever !

16. VexingVision

VexingVision Kobold

No problems here with Gmail, apart from an unexpected delay of two hours.

17. Hi all for some reason I did not get any confirmation "welcome" email when i applied for beta a while ago. Maybe its just an issue with my email addy. I applied via my work email and it worked fine.

Thought id give my 5cents worth