Funniest Moments

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Han Lee, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Xander be like:

sidebug: if one hero has a card from one of his allies given through Advanced Battlefield Training, it shows as if it was that ally discarding the card, not the character it's on.

ParodyKnaveBob and Han Lee like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Maybe it's the name of the character whose discard it goes into. @Jon?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Same thing with duck, as far as i remember.

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

No, Mr. Data, you're thinking GIF.

$:^ ]

So! Today, I mentioned in World this was the funniest moment of Lifesaving Block I'd ever seen. Therefore, I might as well add it to @Han Lee's Funniest thread, eh? $:^ J (Hey, Kat Room9. Where'd you go?)

I just needed 1-2 VPs to win.
    Opponent's Elf Priest had 2 HP left.
    My barely-alive Elf Warrior used a buffed Weak Chop as a last-ditch effort.
    Opponent blocked with Lifesaving Block!
    Opponent drew... my Traveling Curse.

$E^ D
    $E^ D
    $E^ D

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I just won a Turret Tango without taking a single point of damage.
    And then as I Screenshot the win screen my laptop shut down from overheating.
    And so I lost the screenshot and more importantly chest.
    ~
    I should really get something better than this 10 year old hp laptop.

6. Or move to Alaska and cut a hole in the wall behind your computer.

7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

So, was playing in Death March and had uses all my movement early. Little did I know my opponent had a Volcano. My warrior was right next to my wizard, however, so I used a Pressing Bash on my own wizard to push both characters off.
    The 10 seconds of stunned silence from opponent was priceless.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

9. BlackVoidDeath

I was playing Death March and tried hitting an enemy warrior with a Strong Bash to get them off VP, they blocked it with Unreliable Block and started gloating in chat non-stop.
    Next round, I draw Mighty Bludgeon and kill the character through two Parries.

10. ParodyKnaveBob

Just this morning, KoboldButter and I hunted for the fairy. (My first fairy hunt!) Started with gnomes. (Go figure, right? Heh heh.) Level 15, major x3, minor x5. KB wanted to go Rad Spray. I accommodated with an Accelerate Time pyromancer. This created some hijinks, but this only led up to the "funniest moments" part...

Others found the fairy! The White Star. Only two minor tokens allowed... KB still wanted to go radioactive. With so little radiation available, plus no AT, I decided I would, too, to double the efforts. (This makes Yod's x4 between us.) Otherwise, we individually concluded we'd bring vampires, too, funny. So uh, in the first battle, we were slaying kobolds and all, (collecting butter?) when the radiation started happening. Long story short, near the end of the first battle, our RPing chars got to uh showing off, and with my char at full 18 HP, standing between the final kobold and Kobold's highly irradiated dwarven priest (Death Meld, Festering, etc.), our characters got to bickering, (about whether my char were stealing the other's kill, I'll skip all our l-o-l details,) and -- after warning there'd be cutting -- the dwarf in fact Extra Hacked and hacked some more upon my "half-elven cleric" just before mine sapped the last 1 HP from the dwarf. Hey. You know what? When Festering Guts goes off? Yeah. It's not guaranteed to hit enemies first. KB's char died! Death Meld healed my char! FG killed my char! Defeat! ... Gary's lone irradiated kobold meanwhile just standing there, nervously taking all this in... Yeah, our GM just watched as we caused our own full-party-death on the first White Star battle. How awesome is that. $8^ , Lol.

Okay! Attempt #2! I told KB, you want Rad, I want Rad; I changed my char to be more of a radioactive card drawer. Aw, KB had to go. 'Twas fun, though. Okay. Entered Co-op Chat and announced, any brave adventurers willing to seek The White Star and fairy blessings with a low-level radiation priest? Got a taker immediately. Never saw him/her before. Cool, 'kay. $:^ } Teammate brought a pretty nice vampire elf, actually. This was my insanity:

* : for draws
    + : for radiation
    : chaff

[SRC] Ominifis Dran
    Level 18->8 Half-Elf Cleric

I wish I could remember all the hilarious moments! $E^ b I'd say if a team of 2-3 all had chars decked out like this, the attachments would be pure insanity for such a low-level adventure! $X^ D

Some non-Rad stuff:
    • Had only one card in hand: Subtle Parry. A kobold uses Lunging Bash! Block, draw, Vulnerable, Vulnerable, Altruism, Defensiveness, Immovable, etc. $:^ P

• Triple Heal to roll for Altruism and remove every block from one kobold group. lol
    The real reason to run radiation, especially in Campaign:
    • Rad Spray into a corner. Kobolds try to run away. One stops on "safety" between two terrains -- and has 3 HP left. Another stops on terrain next to more terrain. Meanwhile, teammate drains in another corner a kobold down to 1 HP. Next round! *blampf* *blampf* *blampf* *blampf* *blampf* One kobold dead, another kobold Superstitious and down to 3 HP or so. Kill the 1 HP kobold! Empty the 3 HP-er's hand! Poor guy just gets to sit there on his black-and-green demise for the rest of the round while we melee down some more. Then more Rad Spray! (So great how often you can force those *two* cards into hand in this low-level deck. Lol.)

• The battle with 9-or-so kobolds ended with the elf safely tucked away and the Invisible half-elf standing right in the way of the two kobolds surrounded by terrain in the northwest corner. Yes, yes, another Festering enemy. $F^ b (Can you tell I really like that card?) *strike!* *pop!* There go the rest! Victory! $:^ P Hey, my teammate wasn't just any run-of-the-mill healer, but a Talented Healer, so uh yeah, Omin made it to the fairy's blessings after all. $;^ }
    Lots and lots more moments. Rad vs. Gary is so hilarious. I highly recommend it. $:^ ] Thanks, @DunDunDun! ~ And, this particular deck's 9 traits of 5 different types (all but 1 attachment card) only add to the hijinks. Very chaotic and fun. $:^ D

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    PULSEFIRE, wereviper and Inkfingers like this.
  11. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

QD

I had 3 separate occasions to draw Spiked Mail and I ended up drawing 2 on one dwarven warrior. It kinda paid off.

Situation: Me with 2 stars, opponent with 5 on VP, I have 2 spiked mails on my dwarf and one card he can't see, also Mass Frenzy and Unholy Frenzy. His Elven war is on VP with 7 HP and Weak Armor in his hand.

His warrior ends up escaping from the VP and we end the turn. I discard said unknown card - Backbiting Strike. There was 50% chance he would end up being alive but he had no idea.

THEN... Oh boy then. His 4 HP priest steps onto VP. I attack him with Laser Cutdown + Unholy Frenzy, MF discarded last round. Subtle Parry procs. Oh well, happens.

That priest uses Invigorating Touch. Both Spiked Mails proc. He dies.

I Stab his Elven War for 5 total, he attacks me with Lunging Bash. Spiked Mail proc, his Weak Armor doesn't.

#pureskill

12. ParodyKnaveBob

Death March

Dwarf warriors getting all up in the face of my terrain-control defense. I plop down my sole Hypnotic Beacon. Rocket Charge! .. backward! to the other side of the map!

SceoMyntan likes this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

I just left out of the DD and looked over at my club membership, it says "1 day left". Literally two seconds later it switches to "Join!"

14. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

[​IMG]
    Were you going to play a burst, red wizard?

15. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

This is 2 different dudes.

goo.jpg

visak13 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

This one is old but still gold:
    heh.png

Stexe used to be #1 player at about that time :p

Gingrich Yurr and Inkfingers like this.
  17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

so there was a quarrel on world chat and pawn said he's going to start handing warnings because things got kind of out of hand

cue me being very smart:
    [​IMG]

Melancthon and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

Clearly, because people generally type things into World, Pawn totally needs to warn ppl's hands. ~nodnod~

$F^ }
    $;^ b

19. BlackVoidDeath

I died laughing:
    Trog Gougers drew Run.
    Trog Gougers drew a card.
    Trog Gougers drew a card.
    Trog Spearman drew Run.
    Trog Spearman drew a card.
    Death Heart drew Walk.
    Death Heart drew Powerful Spark.