[Fun] spread of CH figures

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I totally need that purple pumpkinhead.

Why don't the "human" slimes change color?

2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

If you have time to do the backs of all of them, that would be cool too. However, I'm quite happy with all this already, if you're feeling lazy. Thanks for all of your contributions to the CH community!

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't think there are backs. You only ever see the back of a figurine from an angle, when it's on the board. These images are what's used in Cuthbert's and in the hand area of the game, I beleive.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

As you probably noted, they do change the colours on their equipment. It's true the other slime figures change also skin/slime colour but on the other hand many if not most figures don't change skin colour, only equipment colour, so a case could be made for either way. Maybe chalk it up to Ben's artistic vision for this particular figure trio?

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I remember someone (Neoncat?) mentioning on the forum a while back that they found only unusably low-resolution, variously angled sprites for the figure backs when they poked in the game files. Maybe we could ask Ben to publish the original flat figure back art for use in homebrew figures? I don't know if they want to reserve those for a possible (probably far-off, if ever) official physical figure release, though.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You remember correctly. All the "3d" objects are pre-rendered to display resolution at the appropriate angles, so the character backings are not available in any usable form for real-world printing.

7. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Bummer! Oh well, it was a nice thought.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Figure Spreads aren't working at the moment. I get the "ACFFL 404 Error - file not found" page instead.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The free hosting site is experiencing technical difficulties. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks for the info!