Frost dodging elves, deck just made 1600+

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Aiven, Dec 25, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Just a note, I went back to this build for a while today, and it doesn't seem to be viable any more. I only won a single match out of 8, at the 1200-1600 range. The biggest culprit was often firestorm (which roasts elves far too quickly), but also builds that stacked up parries and blocks (2+ on every character). Maybe this was just a blip in the statistics, or maybe I've forgotten how to play, but there was only one match where I know I made silly mistakes.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, this build was better in a world full of 3DC, and 3DC hasn't been as big a part of the environment on the Vulcan maps, so it's understandable that we would see worse match-ups for the frost-dodging elves.

3. Excedrin

Excedrin Kobold

I've actually switched to a Beledorf inspired build, which is Bejeweled Shortsword, Blocking Mace, Lochaber, General Jelom's Helm and I'm using Dueler's Buckler along with Escapist, though I think he uses Superb Evasion and some tokenless shield and his priest uses more Martyr's Blessing, mine uses more healing.

Oblit bludgeon is fun but one 17 damage hit and lots of 4 or 5 damage hits is just not as solid. I also like using lots of double edged swords, but it's very tricky to win with and very easy to make a fatal mistake.

2 of these
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

1 x Shuffle
    1 x Slippery
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Walk
    1 x Impaler
    3 x Parry
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Block
    1 x Bruiser

1 of these
    Level 11 Human Priest

2 x Team Heal
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Light Heal
    1 x Altruism
    2 x Purge
    1 x Run, Team!
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Chop
    2 x Vulnerable

4. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

Interesting, thanks for contributing. You have a point on obliterating bludgeon. Is that helmet a bit wasted on the build though?

5. Excedrin

Excedrin Kobold

Not sure, I think Beledorf has 2 Xander's Mail to go with the helmets, so his elves are quite different from the original one that you posted. They're durable and have somewhat consistent damage output (Bejeweled vs Infused Greatclub). I've changed my build again (back to Slippery Shield and some other stuff), I'm not sure what's best, but at least changing small things doesn't seem to drastically weaken things.

It does seem that Bejeweled is better than Infused Greatclub (or Polished Plancon if we're comparing 2 major tokens to 2 major tokens). Bludgeonator might be better but I don't have one. Reaper's Scythe looks amazing, but I have zero Legendary weapons.

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra