Frequent "Lost Connection" Causes Adventure Failure

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by whitet, May 24, 2013.

1. whitet

whitet Kobold

I am frequently getting the "Lost Connection, please refresh and log in" message. Upon re-entering the game I have lost one of my 'attempts' at the current map. Today this happened to me 3 times within a 20 min period, and ended up forcing me to either pay to revive my party or start the adventure over. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my browser settings, or anything, but I had no problems with this at all the first day I played (about 5 hours straight.) My only thought is it has to do with server overload?

Anyways, This game is looking great and i'm excited to see where it goes from here.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I don't *think* it's a server issue. Has anyone else seen this more frequently lately?

3. deanzig

deanzig Kobold

I am having the same problem with increasing frequency. And after I refresh it takes about 5 minutes to load. It's becoming frustrating. Anyone have any advice?

4. davers

davers Kobold

+1 here. majorly annoying. keeps happening on the same adventure for me, but not sure if that's relevant

edit: it's on the melvelous adventure if that helps at all. usually drops after i click a card

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Last week I twice had to refresh because the battle wouldn't load at all (waited 5-10 minutes each time) and once got the "Lost Connection" message in the middle of a battle. But they were spaced apart enough that I didn't have to restart. (And restarting isn't a big deal if it only happens once a week or less.) These were level 4 or 5 modules.

Very frequently the game will pause for 3-5 seconds after I click a card or target, but that's server lag not lost connection.

[EDIT]

As I type this, it is trying and failing to load the third battle of Strench. I've got Gary hoping BM will publish his adventure, a hint explaining that you can't block from behind and the dragon shield loading animation.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Frozen Cavern,Room=THST (kalin),RoomID=21132,Event=GameOver
    Initializing deck builder
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Lunging Thrust Thumbnail Title is too wide.
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Lunging Thrust Thumbnail Title is too wide.
    Initializing battle screen
    Battle joined

6. BigSmurf

BigSmurf Kobold

Anyways, This game is looking great and i'm excited to see where it goes from here.[/quote]
    Yep, me, today, the whole time again and again :( Lost about 5 adventures due to this error.

7. I am having same issue, constantly. I am also trying to trouble shoot my router and internet connection to make sure it isn't on my end. You'd think this company or server that runs this game could tell the difference between a lost connection and a lost battle. For instance, if the connection is lost but all the player characters had 15 health, then this is a drop not a loss. Then when I log back in, it could just treat it as a start over, not take one of my tries. After all if it drops going to the treasure screen, it goes right back to the treasure screen when I log back in. If it can tell that, why can't it tell that I DROPPED CONNECTION. Versus lost the battle??????? Next why can't I just buy the game outright for $29.99 and as long as I am not running multiplayer, why the hell does it need to be constantly connected any way. Hell it could load the adventure to your computer and just update the results online, why the need to constantly always have a connection??????

8. Mardius

Mardius Kobold

Same issue here. Hopes it gets fixed

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We're working on restoring battle state after a failed connection.