Force Field Overpowered? Or I miss some good counters?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by dashv520, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

IF you play 3 wizard
    IF all of your 3 wizards are loaded on fire attacks and only fire attacks
    IF you have 0 armor removal options in your deck
    IF your opponent has Resistant Hide in his deck
    IF he gets a chance to draw that Resistant Hide

then yeah, you're pretty much done for.

Similarly, FF is clearly strong if you have no or little ways for dealing with it, which is the whole point. The same reasoning could be applied to all sorts of cards and strategies, so it's not like I'm trying to be smart: control spells and terrain attachments are extremely strong vs low mobility teams, burning is extremely strong vs unarmored opponents, etc etc etc.

That being said though, I'm not using that reasoning as cheap way to state "FF is just fine as is, yadayadayada", as that's something only time will tell.

But I did want to point out that if a specific card is capable of putting you in great difficulty, that doesn't necessarily mean the card is OP. Maybe it might just be the case that your build is very narrow, and hence incapable of dealing equally well against a huge array of cards/strategies.

Now, it might as well be that all-wizards teams have a impossibly hard time responding to a set of very specific cards, which would be a problem of its own (and, if that is the case, one worth discussing!)

Sir Veza and Accent like this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I agree, that would be a good conversation to have relating to wizards (or any other class) vs. specific cards or sets of cards.

Also, I'm not trying to state that any card is OP, actually; I'm more about cards that make the game boring and such (maybe just for me, I don't know). For example, if I'm against three elf warriors, and two or all three of them draw maneuvers in the first round? I'm playing cards left to right, and not caring about the match anymore. I'll put in an effort, sure, but maybe 50%. It unfortunately seems like there are more and more builds that are just sucking the fun out of the game (again, perhaps just for me), and are causing me to just get it over with and onto the next match.

I feel like I'm getting off topic here, so maybe this skein can be moved to it's own thread or something.

Sir Veza and Xayrn like this.