Firestorm deck, how ?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Moogle Stiltzkin, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

s.o.s. :{

2. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Another trick that helps us give quick advice is to make each of those items a link. The little green ball in the editing options will turn each of those items (when highlighted) into a link to the Wiki page if they're spelled correctly, and there's a similar function next to it for cards as well.
    The result looks like this:
    Morbo's Pendant
    Stookster's Amulet
    Orb Of Flames

Moogle Stiltzkin likes this.
  3. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

For farming purposes, I think the orb would be just fine if you're strapped for cash. The pendant will be useful in certain higher level maps where freezing an enemy as it burns is really helpful (it takes a lot of burns to get through that many HP), but for just smashing low level dungeons full of kobolds and stuff, the orb will be just fine. All they usually take is one or two firestorms anyway, and you're just trying to focus on being quick about it.
    Don't worry too much about an item's token cost, because using a staff of the inferno immediately begins to pay for itself with an overabundance of unused tokens as you level up. The orb will certainly be nice in really low level dungeons though, since it costs nothing to equip and you'll want at least a couple items like this.

4. Moogle Stiltzkin

i managed to find Azgul's Orb (legendary) yay..... i equipped this on my wizard #2 Got extremely lucky on this, because i found it from the purple chest after spending a whole day getting there. I'd look pretty stupid if it didn't drop after that much effort LULZ!

i gave priest trained stoutness, and wizard #2 superb ferocity

thk you i did not know this. But why not set the mod to automatically link when the phrase is used ? why the need to tag :/ doesn't seem to be too common a word, unless specifying the exact item, which people who want linked anyway. I think i've seen some forum mods that can do that automatically.

5. Moogle Stiltzkin

right now i got enough gold to buy either 5 x flame orbs, or 1 x morbo's pendant.

So the first option, all my arcane items will then have a fire storm each. So that is 5 x firestorms total gain. Each only cost 100g, so getting 5 is 500g.

The 2nd option, i will have 1 x firestorm, 1 x cone of cold, 1 x teleport self. This cost a token, and 500 gold.

Which is the better deal for me :X ?

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'd say for Firestorm SP farming, get the orbs. You can easier get more money farming with them to get more high-end stuff later, but the 500 gold item won't help you that much with the farming goal.

7. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I'd say go for the 5 Orb Of Flame too. You can kit out 2 Dwarf Wizards for SP low level farming everyday.

How do you manage to get 5 Orbs to show up, as a matter of curiosity. I've never had any of the rare items in Randimar's repeat on any given week, and I would dearly love for them to.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I suspect he only has the one in the shop, he's just speaking about the general strategy of going for many cheap items compared to one expensive item. Of course, actually getting the items is whole another kettle of fish. Because of the unreliability of getting suitable items in the shops or from random loot drops it's sometimes better to buy the non-ideal item you do actually have in the shop than to wait for the perfect one, possibly for a very long time.

spacedust likes this.
  9. Moogle Stiltzkin

oh wait, so i can only buy 1 item at a time? o-o; OOOPS

[​IMG]

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, what you see in the shops is what you get. The shops have multiple copies of anything only when you've sold it to them.

Get both the orb and the pendant, it's worth the money, it has good cards. You can probably get the 100 extra gold before Sunday by just playing actively and selling your treasures. The shops Randimar's Rarities changes their stock at midnight GMT (UTC) between Saturday and Sunday.

Moogle Stiltzkin likes this.
  11. Moogle Stiltzkin

ok will do :}

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sorry, actually it's only the shop that sells rare stuff, Randimar's Rarities, which changes stock only once a week. The other three shops restock every night (at the same time of day as Randimar's). Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the earlier post :). I'll fix the original to not lead people astray.

13. Moogle Stiltzkin

PS: what item to counter resistant hide monsters :/ ?

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

15. Moogle Stiltzkin

Okay i got more new items, so here is an update on my firestorm build. It's come a long way. I still only have enough for 2 fully geared firestorm dwarf wizards, but i've found this is working nicely with the dwarf priest.

*updated my build on the first post of this thread.