Figure Art Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sir Knight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

One of the male dwarf warrior uses a female dwarf priest art for its art at the top.

Untitled.png

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

'dwarf girl with horns' small portrait is missing. Discovered while getting owned by Wozzy's dwarven tank party in MP :D

3. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Thanks.. There are a few missing dwarf portraits... Trying to track down why.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Pretty sure that dwarf uses dwarf female sound files as well (which isn't art related - but maybe it's tied to the portrait somehow).

5. Ben_Lee

That's because technically that dwarf figure is female... This occurred during the priest/warrior helmet figure swap. The sound is not tied to the portrait in any way, but I will go dig up the audio cue and fix it. Thanks!

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

(Tomb of Tvericus adv)
    Mausoleum: 1 of 2 Armored Skeleton missing small portrait

7. Ben_Lee

Fixed next release, thanks!

8. Pengw1n

All Imps and Sprites apart from Fire share models, I believe? I'm guessing it's likely WIP rather than an oversight?

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hopefully just a work in progress. Also, don't forget the "Fiend" type (above "Sprite") that likewise shares models from the weaker Imps (with a little variation for Fire, as you noted).

10. Ben_Lee

They have different figures. Can you specify which adventure/battle you saw this in?

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ah, to clarify, it's not that "Lightning" and "Frost" and "Fire" share figures: it's that "Imp" and "Sprite" and "Fiend" share figures. Take a look at Citrine Demon Portal: the Acid Fiend there looks identical to the Acid Imp in Ruby Demon Portal. Basically, look at all "Demon Portal" adventures.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  12. Pengw1n

Garnet Demon Portal, all sprites apart from fire sprites seem to be using imp version (acid sprite is acid imp et c). I could be delusional, and just missing something, but as fire sprite is so clearly different from it's imp "version" I'd say it's not me!

Edit: Exactly, it's not the elemental type rather than they almost all look like imps.

13. Ben_Lee

Ah, OK... Now I see. The extra types were added a long time after the initial ones. I've done new figures for all types, should be in soon.

Zalminen and Pengw1n like this.
  14. Pengw1n

You sir, need to be told you're awesome on a more regular basis!

Ben_Lee likes this.
  15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I keep telling him that!

Ben_Lee likes this.
  16. Ben_Lee

Shucks, thanks fellas!

17. Pengw1n

All Geomancers seem to be oddly labelled: Apprentice (or Novice and Praticed) [Null] Geomancer on their mouse over label . Not a figure art issue per se, but fits better here than anywhere else I'm guessing.

Also, Copper Golem has Bronze Golem model/portrait (not that it matters really, depends on if intended/worth it's own skin - debatable as it's not a common monster).

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Gnome Inciter missing small portrait in Gnome Halls and Dank Cellars level.

19. Ben_Lee

Fixed next release, thanks!

20. Pengw1n

New Acid Imp figure used for Acid Fiend in Citrine Demon Portal #3 (Citrine Temple Antechamber) - Fire Fiend in the room before was correct. Also, I feel the new sprites, while really cool - float of the ground, which looks a bit odd with the huge bare cardboard bit. Was that how you intended them Ben - or have they just been mounted at head height - as they have a floating skull? Old Fire Sprite was a grounded flame after all.

Edit: Same goes for Acid Fiend in last map, Citrine Portal. So maybe just a mislabel on that model somwhere - deck and name seem to be acid fiend however.