Festering Guts not triggering on death?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by 3beaner, Jun 14, 2017.

1. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Hi all

Was just playing a ranked match vs Sniffy the Rat. My human wiz picked up the Festering Guts trait from a radiation square. He also had Sparkling Cloth and a Magma Spray attached to him. He had 2 life remaining.

My opponent's wiz was 3 squares away with 18 life points and his priest was 2 squares away with 8 points.

At the start of the turn magma spray triggered the sparkling cloth, I moved to get both enemy characters in range of Festering Guts, I died, triggering Festering Guts. FG killed the mage but the priest didn't take any damage and my wiz died and I lost the game.

Both my opponent and myself thought I was going to win and both were mystified why his priest didn't also die (no nimbus or armor to stop the damage). Did the trigger simply not proc?

Because it immediately went to the Defeat screen I didn't get a chance to read the log...

Anyway be great to understand what exactly happened and why both his characters didn't die from Festering Guts.

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Working as documented:

Sir Veza and Scarponi like this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Assuming 3beaner only had one char left, looks like step 3.3 got in the way, eh?