[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

haha, you caught me before I edit again removing the edit 2 minutes later ^^'
    Ya Stexe gave me the answer on the chat, something about rarity, which makes sense caus we allready have dissolve armor and the one from the trog melter in the case.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Unsure:
    Encumber - seems like a very interesting new mechanic. It becomes like a "hot potato" where you have to get rid of your Frost Jolts when they are in your hand so that you can move. This directly hurts Dwarf wizards the most.

What's that with encumber? Held encumer cards encumber yourself??

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

right now at the very least it can be used as a walk. i bet if the rarity of barge was bronze or paper from the start and the same in every other way there wouldnt be as much hate lol ;) people just expect so much from silver because of stuff like the old nimble strike.

4. Lord Feleran

Huh? How is Barge a Walk the very least?
    a) you would have to have 2+ chars for that
    b) they would have to be next to each other
    c) you will still get damage. maybe 1, maybe 4(MF), maybe 6(MF+either rage or Vul.)

5. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

i have 1 barge in my build not that i want it :p but 90%+ of the time it gets used as a walk.

6. Lord Feleran

Gets used as a Walk is far from being the same as being a Walk since you can walk with a Walk any time. Barge is possibly the most terrible Silver card we have.

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Issues so far:

So Scuttle gets a big boost, but not Scamper? That seems silly. I'm thinking the idea is to keep Quick Run interesting, but you could always just replace instances of quick run with quick scamper. This would make it a very powerful card, but warriors will need a new way to suddenly smack characters without step 4.

The extra damage on bash cards are not enough to make them playable. And why no changes to Barge? I recommend making barge a step move, and changing all bash from "slide back" to "push". Would make them so much better...

The block changes are a start, but are insufficient. How about Weak Parry being a 4+ parry (draw a card)? How about Missile Block being the ranged version of Parry? How about changing Stuck Arrow to something like Jarring Block?

The changes to human skills are sadly pointless. Lateral Thinking is still awful, and the battlefield training cards still stink. I'd suggest Lateral Thinking be "discard a card. draw two cards". Make Forward Thinking "Discard a card. Draw 3 Cards; keep two and discard the other". Keep Inspirational Thinking as is (or change it to some sort of group effect). This would make these cards interesting to try to hold on to, since you could avoid the discard if they were your last card.

The changes to vulnerable ruin a lot of the the good human/elf skills. Since Trembling Staff is losing a trait anyway, I recommend keeping vulnerable at +1 damage.

Speaking of traits, all of the unplayable traits are still unplayable. I see the minor change to defensiveness, but it's still not usable. Cowardly, Superstitious, Loner (except on vampires), Defensiveness , and Dropped Guard all need help.

8. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

idd but it doesnt need a buff it just needs to be bronze/paper.

9. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I think you can remove all my posts (except the one about Impetuous Heal needing a nerf, ww was it's only counter) now that Jade (thanks to him!) gave me my hope back.

A wizard with, for example, a Frost Jolt in hand will be encumbered by 2 until he casts or discard the jolt. But encumbers don't stack anymore so if he has a Frost Jolt and a Cold Snap in hand, he will be encumbered by two only. That was my biggest fear, you should have started with that.

As for the FS, it's very sad for SP but considering that Randis will have 10 L, E and R guaranted every week, keeping the easy farming of the mines can be too much. But I guess people will still speed farm the low level adventure (2-3) for cash.

(oh and also I stand on my position about the quests, something need to be done about them, and a priest should be able to cleanse a wall of water)

Thanks and sorry, but it's kinda your fault as you gave half of the datas.

10. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Made this thread for discussion as well.

11. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

maybe replace barge on most items with pressing bash.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

13. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

While none of these "balance" changes sit well with me, I'll deal with them in time because I like the game, but I will no longer support the game with my money.

14. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

I tried playing a game without any step cards and it was not good. I ended up back with my original pre-step elf build which is a lot of high damage pain and quickruns. Still have two step attacks since you never know when you will have to dodge a volcano. Also they came with the sword :p

Yeah I don't think there is anything that could get me to play any of those traits except loner (ironically on my vampire). I'm just not willing to put a card in my deck that in one bad draw could literally end my chances of winning a game. Right now the only negative trait card I have is Ouch. Because even tho that could tip off the other player it isn't going to cause me to discard my armor, attacks, blocks or everything.

15. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

So, where are these changes? I couldn't find them in the Big Stuff and Card Tweaks posts. Are these not official yet? I was thinking that 3DC would be huge again after seeing those posts, but if the encumber changes are as you described then it's another story. So I wanted to be sure about the whole balance changes before I give my opinion.

hatchhermit likes this.
  16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I replay them all the time with different configurations of teams and different set ups. I don't always choose the best ways.

FS is great for farming! But not for playing. I guess the definition of playing can be subjective though. For me, farming isn't playing.

17. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

As a 99% SP player, I have always felt Whirlwind and Firestorm are cheesy, so I don't mind at all. Vicious Thrust and Nimble Strike being overpowered doesn't hurt SP, but I can live with the change. I would have thought Dancing Cut added a bit of variety, though - couldn't the damage have been nerfed? I suppose, though, that then MP would see a ton of decks based on Dancing cut combined with buffs.

Wall of Stone gone away (for now, anyway) - not cool. More often than not I use it against ranged enemies.

Oh well, nothing like a few changes to shake things up a bit. And OFC the nerfs to Step cards are good for elves.

18. Lord Feleran

If you look at the support forum thread then you can see there are many updates but they haven't all been described yet.
    I heard that encumber spells in your hand encumber yourself.

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

All the changes are on the test server, but they haven't gotten through posting the information for everything yet. So grab a test account if you want to see everything right away.

20. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Good to see some love for Bashes!