[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Practice in SP. Nobody else notices. ;)

hatchhermit likes this.
  2. Mitsuaki

Mitsuaki War Monkey

You should fix back Xander's mail now that harnesses don't stack anymore. Now Xander's mail got worse without any reason

Stexe, Sir Veza and Jacques like this.
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Ok, let's not let this thread die just jet :p
    Freeze needs a buff now when encumber can't lock players down anymore. Maybe damage 4 -> 6? It should be a green card.
    Maybe have Talented Healer heal only 1 HP to reduce the superness of vampires. Noone probably has all the items he wants for a full vampire deck yet but a full deck could be very OP.
    And something to earn more gold. Maybe add additional gold rewards to ranked MP games. It would also encourage players to play more rankeds.

Stexe and Mitsuaki like this.
  4. Mitsuaki

Mitsuaki War Monkey

i quote what lord feleran said and i add that toughness should be nerfed a little bit, i saw what jon wanted to do with harnessess: with a lot of armor removal becoming mandatory in a deck, also toughness would have been more easily removed, but with the things in this way armor removal is still very situational and not a good choice for a deck. I suggest to remove the draw a card thing from toughness or to making it work only when facing an enemy

P.S.: thanks for fixing xander's mail

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I gave Jon a few cards that need to be toned down a bit, but I suspect he wants to wait a little bit longer to see how things pan out. Buffing Freeze would definitely be a good idea though -- at least more damage. Maybe even changing it to instead of Encumber 3 make it a Halt Duration 1?

6. Mitsuaki

Mitsuaki War Monkey

maybe halt duration 2 but with less damage

7. Lord Feleran

Lol no. That would be insane.

Stexe likes this.
  8. Mitsuaki

Mitsuaki War Monkey

it's a green card, halt duration 1 is entangling roots which is a bronze... maybe with range 6, damage 2 and halt duration 2 it would be okay

9. Stexe

It would be the best card in the game then. Halt 1 with range 8 and damage 4 would be strong but would be an accurate strength version. Do not compare it to Entangling Roots because it is a different class, significant less range, and less damage.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I suspect the "always can move 1" will prove to be a bad idea.

11. Stexe

Maybe... I would have liked to do more testing but I don't think it is that problematic. It would just be better if things that were weaker before got a little buff.

12. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

speaking of halt, especially when considering entangling roots - it's funny that slide and push cards can move an entangled char...

13. UiA

UiA Ogre

Pretty sure they nerfed encumber because dwarf control wizards essentially were already "halting" everything with stacking cold spells, leaving little in the way of counterplay and for this reason generally most ppl hated playing against those trolls, game more enjoyable having at least a shuffle to work with than being a statue imo. Giving wizards a halt card, just.. no. If devs went that way though I'd say remove the dmg altogether from freeze and reduce range to 2 but even that probably wouldn't be enough to stop from being op, wizards with halt is much different then priest.

Freeze may or may not need tuning, yes its essentially the same as frost jolt now vs move 3 or lower, so you could say its only effective vs elves, but look some other move 4 + cards ppl carry in their decks, its not just racial moves we should be considering for value here.

Mitsuaki likes this.
  14. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

When I brought up the Freeze problem back in the test server, I was told that not every card is meant to be super-competitive. If they had to change every card that got a bit weaker/stronger after the changes, they would have to do it with half of the cards, and I don't think they are going for that path.

15. Lord Feleran

Why half? Not at all. And some low level items are for earlier stages of SP, nobody's talking about them. (And still: Bad Medicine got a buff lol. I'd rather see Freeze getting it.)

16. Stexe

I know they aren't going that path, but I really wish they did for some of the outliers. It is one of the few Emerald cards out there and you'd think it should actually pack a punch. Maybe instead of Halt (which is pretty binary) it is: "Encumber 3. Duration 2. Enemy discards their oldest Movement card." That way it could possibly be a Halt but only if they had a single movement card in their hand.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We're listening.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  18. Lord Feleran

Another possibility would be to reduce the duration from 3 to 2. Would make it harder to pull combo off but wouldn't make it any less deadly.

19. Questor

Questor Ogre

I like the new changes, they make MP a lot more interesting.
    Proof of that is the reduced span between ranks among the active players. Everyone can win or lose with or against a lot of different builds.
    The diversity went up a lot, both in the combination of professions and races.
    And the map rotations will force players to adapt more often, so the chances that things get stale will be reduced a lot.

20. Lord Feleran

Reduced span is not a proof. Something being interesting should be subjective.
    I'd say MP is more interesting because there are now soooo many more viable items than before. I've played 32 games since the balance updates arrived, that's 96 opponent's characters. Of them:
    31% dwarves, 31% elves and 38% humans. Very equal numbers. (Although from classes priests are in lead with 43%.)
    And also, I can't think of any item close in usefulness to the old VP. Although I still have 0 copies of what I now believe to be the best legendary -.-