[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Questor

Questor Ogre

Battlefield Training and the Advanced Version are still bad for a silver/gold card. You get no card advantage and your opponent knows what´s in your hand. Think about making them both cantrips, that might make them somewhat useful.

2. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

a lot of the changes will speed up oozeball games thats for sure :p

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Hm, noone else worried about the removal of Wall Of Stone in SP? For some encounters, like Blitzkenripper it was pretty much a must.

Squidy likes this.
  4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

?

Pengw1n likes this.
  5. Pengw1n

At work, so might not be able to keep up on my reading ;)

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not particularly worried, since they're re-introducing the card, eventually. In the meantime, illusion and smoke bomb can still help some with the big bad dragon.

7. Pengw1n

I already noticed and removed my original post. Damn you keyboard skillz! ;)

Note to self: Stop posting from work.

Bandreus likes this.
  8. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

On the whole I'm excited to try these changes out! I think it'll be a great deal of fun while everyone's trying the changed things out and finding new viable builds.

Regarding Acrobatic Flip...

I don't like this! Maybe this is intended, but this difficult-to-get card can currently be used to use a powerful melee attack on an opponent's back after it activates. I think giving it block any would make it a great deal less useful, and given that rather dire compromises must be made to get it in your build, that seems a bit harsh.

9. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I am VERY unhappy with the changes. If you can complete the Return to Astral Shrine 1HP quest with your current changes, I'll stfu and swallow the pill. I am smurfing serious, do it!

No, any mob with melee attacks (like the dragons) will come next to you (no problem with the default move Fly) if there is some smoke or some illusions. With the current changes, Black Plume 1HP will also be impossible.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Pengw1n

Yeah, and there's no way to avoid cones (as in the BPM adventure) - as it'd pass through any illusion or smoke.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. The whirlwind changes significantly change the "Brain Teaser" level from "Beneath Tcotzac". Have you thought about whether the Hyper Thalamus should retain the classical Whirlwind? (with a different name, obv.)

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Acrobatic Flip...
    Two toughts - i agree that it shouldnt be triggered easily, at least not by low damage magic attacks. How about a damage condition, 4+? Or can the block differentiate between melee and Magic and grant 3+ on melee, 5+ on magic? Would make some thematic sense. Speaking about the logic of acrobatics... I think you only should be able to move the caster of a magic attack when hes on the square next to you, or in closing distance (with the movement provided by the flip, 2-3 squares)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

As Stexe and Banderus already said:
    I think most of the changes are good. The Harness change I predict will be reverted because it makes armor stacking Warriors insane in damage negation.
    Not sure about the decision with harnesses... while I do agree with the reasoning behind it, I have no doubt every warrior but my grandmother's will come stacked with tons of enchanted harnesses.

!!
    Haven't tried it yet obviously but even 50% chance to block 1 damage that doesn't take the hand space away was an OK card.
    Having SO-SO-MUCH powerful armor cards not to take the space away is just impossibly good. Too good. Please seriously reconsider this change.

14. Lord Feleran

My suggestion: instead of giving Scuttle cantrip which is too good perhaps, give it "this move ignores encumber effects". Whatcha think?

15. kogi

kogi Ogre

Good changes in all. I am still not happy that you can't cleanse flash flood

16. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

I'm worried, like many posters above, about single player 1HP quests becoming impossible.

17. Lord Feleran

What about them? 1 loot fairy gives better loot than 1 quest...

18. Pengw1n

That's not an argument. A lot of people don't play for the loot, but for experience of success under harsh conditions. Impossible isn't quite as fun as very hard.

19. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I have read the tweak parts and I am still very unhappy.

Whirlwinds/Firestorm:
    WWs: Those cards were a huge bull****. Now it's unplayables bull****s (caus still based on randomness)
    Firestorm: Yes the card is a problem in mid tier MP battles, it provides boring battles. It also removes the potential of some scenario ideas like wicked waterways. But it's kinda a must have in SP. Grinding for items we are looking for is allready a pain in the arse. And it's a must have for some 1HP quests. Unless you want to remake all the maps of change the quests, why don't you make the following change for all those cards (ww/wwe/FS): add a line: this card has no effect in a MP game.
    I bought a club membership twice, once was for Jaguar Spirit Staff. I hesitated a lot but really liked the item, mostly for PvP. But I wouldn't mind taking the FS unplayable in MP bullet instead of just no FS at all in SP.
    And what about Impetuous Heal? Are you gonna make it unholy so that it doesn't trigger altruism?

Step Attacks:
    I don't own a single VP and still have only one lochaber. If you keep those changes, what are you gonna do with the frost spells? Are you at least going to add "heal 4 if the target is an ally" to all purges?
    I allready saw people complaining about 3DC with the arrival of the winter maps. Do you think it is sooo fun to play with and against those that you have to make wizards the best class and warrios and priests pointless? Remove the encumber spells and I wouldn't mind the change.

SPR: is this some kind of joke? The other time I bought the membership was for a Bewlin's Baffling Bauble that I have never used and apprently never will. Why on earth would I want to lose a card so that the opponant can replace his officer harness and his default move by a useful card? Seriously, Perplexing Ray would now be better than the SPR caus it has a range of 8. Frost Jolt is way more frustrating and has a range of 8, not 3. Find another nerf (if one is really needed) caus this one is bull****.

Wall of Stones: gonna skip the part about 1HP quests, just gonna make a comment about this new illusory barrier anti-melees: "that Impassable terrain is also impossible to remove with cleansing effects" Failed!!

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

now step attacks are nerfed i think encumber should prevent movement for the turn total and not subtract from each move card. :p so if you play a walk into a nimble strike while encumber 2 you should move 2 :p 2 runs in a row while encumber 2 = 4 movement total etc etc