[Feedback] Upcoming Balance Change MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Questor, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It has always been 5 per team.

I think Draw Limits are okay (it adds another "resource" to the cost of cards in a sense), but I wonder if some cards should say "This ignores Draw Limits."

If Human's got "This ignores Draw Limits" on their racial cards it would really give them some needed love.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. progammer

progammer Ogre

I think he's trying to make each card unique and not just this card is better than the other. Same reasons for the swapping of surging shield block and hard to pindown, as well as forgetfulness and (that magic block card i cant recall the name).

Lord Feleran likes this.
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Oh. Well, if you say so. I remember a tiny circle next to every character somewhy. 5 per team is so very little it's crazy. Not-so-bad traits were already nerfed like Wimpy and Vulnerable. And now they get even more hate :( I really hope draw limits won't be so harsh.
    Also, there was stated that having more than 1/3 traits is too much when Trembling Staff was changed. But there are more such items: Crazy Sal's Halberd and possibly some more. It could well have 4 of these Slashes and 2 Rages only :D

4. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

i am currently testing 2 warriors with triple Crazy Sal's Halberd and harnesses with 1 priest with lots of mass frenzy and cause fumble using the tactic of run in and soak all the damage with polearm slash armor and cause fumble then unload atleast 3 12 damage slashes from each warrior :p its a fun build lol

5. Stexe

Yeah, that could be a good change to Crazy Sal's if Draw Limits go through as they currently work. I'd also be curious to see if Draw Limits should be ignored for the first hand draw (that is Traits drawn on the very first turn do not count towards Draw Limit). That seems to be the biggest problem when hitting Draw Limits from my testing of it in the Draw Limit Tournament.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  6. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

just got cockblocked turn 4 drew through 5 traits then got no draws on my weak parry or cause fumble :p

7. M1chiel

M1chiel Kobold

I like all changes.

The draw limit is ok, but maybe 3 cards per character? Not sure of this rule. (maybe because I like being hit and draw a card)

Bash editing from 4 to 5 is nice. Maybe we will see some bash warriors now.

The shop, 10 legendaries every day?
    Think 2 or 3 will be enough. Or 10 per week.

Edit: dodge is still very powerfull, especially now one can not easily step behind and hit from the back.

8. Lord Feleran

Parry and every other card drawing item would get an indirect nerf too with those limits but I refuse to believe we could only get 5 draws per team :S
    3 per character isn't much better either since you wouldn't be able to play Inspirational Thinking quite often for full effect. And if you did, then Altruism would be dead attachment for the turn. But a limit of 9 (3 times 3) per team might be OK. Or 10, a nice round number. That would still disable infinitive-draw decks although would do little to stop trait cycling. I don't see trait cycling as a problem actually, just Electroporter Novice is a dumb item.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

How often has this happened? I don't play MP much, and I've walked into a draw like this once, and lost. I've shredded several other firestorm teams who made the attempt. So is it a rare occurance, or a common problem?

I've lost to SPR a few times, but I don't think the card should be nerfed. Wizards should be dangerous too, and direct damage isn't their forte. With the other changes they'll probably still come out on top, but in a slower, more plodding, more boring game.

I hope I'm wrong. It will probably take a lot of testing to figure it out.

Ector likes this.
  10. Lord Feleran

The problem with FS in MP isn't that it was too good but that it encouraged hide and run and FS tactics which are no fun.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If they weren't having fun, they probably wouldn't have played it.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

It's worth noting that according to Jon draw limits are only concerned with net effect, so Inspirational Thinking would count as draw 2, not draw 3. However, I don't know how that's counted - is IT coded to only bump the draw counter by 2, or does it bump it by 3 and then reduce it back down one? - because if it's the latter if you've already drawn a few traits then drawing that third card for IT before discard could still be prevented even though the net effect wouldn't have put you over the limit. With all that said, I think a slightly higher team limit would probably be good.

13. Lord Feleran

No fun to play against at least :p And I would play the best deck in ranked, no matter how boring it would be.

14. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

The limited card draw sounds simultaneously awesome and terrible. While I understand the will to curb draw decks or pseudo draw decks or whatever they call them now...

I really don't think it should count trait cards towards the 5 card limit. Because I have had on several occasions had all my trait cards come up in one big ball of useless junk especially when they just keep replacing each other. Which is bad enough to know that now your traits won't be spaced out over the game like you wanted but also you are probably extremely close if not at your draw limit for that turn.

Also is this going to effect cards like Martyrs Blessing and Elven Maneuvers ? Those are cards that are dependent on the enemy's actions if they attack you more than five times or attack you once or twice and you get shafted pulling a block of traits that the game has done a terrible job of spreading out. It just seems to mitigate the effectiveness of those cards.

15. Stexe

Mitigating the strength of Martyr's Blessing and Elven Maneuvers is part of the purpose. Those cards are insanely strong, especially with the nerfs to other card advantage cards.

Draw limits are tricky indeed. They weren't a big issue though when I had them in the tournament -- they really only hurt Inspiration + Martyr Blessing teams or 3DC that used Trait Cycling combined with Toughness / Parry.

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I suspect the concern was that with the reduction in step moves, firestorm would get an uptick in play and ease of turtling. However, if for nothing else but the sake of SP I would have liked to see it stay the same. Maybe they could pull an Obvious Maneuver and make it different for MP and SP.

17. Lord Feleran

Don't agree with you, Stexe.
    They hurt every deck that lost cards because of them and I lost quite a few running 0 wizards and 0 Altruisms.

18. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

you shouldnt be punished for bad luck from drawing a lot of traits in 1 turn :p if there is a problem with certain cards or items with too many traits then fix those.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  19. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I don't like the draw limit rules. They don't seem intuitive, and would be awkward to explain in-game.

Fix all the ridiculous items control wizards have, don't apply a concrete bandaid :confused:

Jacques, Sir Veza and Lord Feleran like this.
  20. M1chiel

M1chiel Kobold

idea: nerf the cards themselves,
    max 2 cards draw

and I agree, the start of the round should not count ( we can't help it to draw 4 traits in a round. at least not that much )

but I am going to try it some more on the test server
    (ps. nice that they put it there for us to test)

I saw that envigorating touch is 7 damage, that is a lot!