[Feedback] move / attack cards

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Gray, May 30, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray Mushroom Warrior

I can use a move and attack (red / blue) card to move even if there is no target to attack. If however I use it to move and end up with no opponent to attack but there is an ally in range - I have to attack my ally.

Just seems wrong.

Gray

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Why is it wrong?

Your lunging attack into empty space = move and "sound of swishing sword"
    Your lunging attack with an ally in the way = move plus "sorry mate, didn't see you there!"

Sounds perfectly logical.

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

One of the devs explained in an earlier thread that it works that way as a logical consequence of the rules. (i.e. you can use a move card just to turn but you can't use a attack card and then not attack - and these type of cards are both move and attack cards)

But he also said he was considering changing the card to work like you'd expect it to so this problem may get fixed sooner or later.

4. Gray

Gray Mushroom Warrior

Because in my mind's eye my character is a heroic expert swordsman ... not a blind guy waving his sword randomly. If he has to swing his sword after moving, he would aim at the 7 big empty spaces. This is why when near a monster he aims his sword at the monster and not randomly at one of the 8 adjacent spaces hoping that he gets the one with the monster in it.

Glad to hear that the devs see it as in need of a change :)

Gray

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Here's the oldest explanation for the Step card issue I can find:
    And here's a brief comment on the feel produced:
    (Though Jayce disagreed with other parts.)

Regardless, we know it's no fun to smash your own ally in the face. It NORMALLY requires control-clicking before you can smash your own ally in the face: why should it be so casual to kill your friends with this one card type? Thus I continue to suggest this:
    And here's a slightly more-involved suggestion. Currently, you can play a Step card and just plain stand still. How does that work with the "conceptual view of a character committed to the attack"? It makes it less and less intuitive why allies have to be smashed in the face. So:
    I didn't get very far with this, so I'd like to know what you think.

. . . Wow, it took a long time to put together this post.

Jayce likes this.