[FEEDBACK]Legendary treasure is terrible

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by kogi, Jun 30, 2013.

1. RattyZ

RattyZ Mushroom Warrior

500 gold. A legendary treasure sure at least give you the cheese to buy an epic item in the shop.

Mutak and Forlorn like this.
  2. AxeGrinder

AxeGrinder Kobold

Depends on how you approach this. If treasure should be worth the same as an item of the same rarity then obviously it needs to be more. Another way to look at it is: if legendary treasure is worth so little, why is it even legendary? Especially when selling it doesn't give you gold close to the value of a legendary item (if bought from the store).

So how should we think of treasure? As trash? "Bad luck, sell it, try again later in the hopes of getting something of worth?" Then you probably should consider the value for effort that the player gains, especially when gear of the same rarity is seen as of higher value. You could keep treasure the way it is, but then change the reward system a bit, so the player is guaranteed more gear, especially when greater effort, time spent, difficulty are involved.

You could also increase the value of treasure so that players feel like they got a reasonable reward for their effort if they don't get gear.

3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

My response was to tell someone to not be that way. So don't. That's my job.

4. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That's both an excellent idea and an excellent way of putting it.

I kept all of my "interesting" treasures before the reset for my own meta-story, regardless of worth, and continue to do so now.

5. azelea

azelea Mushroom Warrior

Alright, forgive me for wanting to contribute. I will stop that immediately.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Relax man, they're listening to suggestion (especially if it's a valid problem such as treasure currently is) - no need to go overboard in delivering it, is all. That's just likely to have less effect.

7. Essence

Essence Orc Soldier

QFT. In fact, treasure in general should give you the money you need to buy a single item of one-rank-lower rarity and equivalent level.

8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I don't think it's too unreasonable to ask everyone else be reasonable when posting. Hyperbole never really helps anybody's cause.

9. Merrick Z

Merrick Z Kobold

Treasure should definitely have greater reward even if you have to reduce it's appearance ratio. Also there should be a "junk" section of the inventory that you can just dump the garbage items into ans mass sell them when you get to the shop. it helps significantly to reduce clutter in your inventory.

10. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

I agree with this. There is no reason why Legendary Treasure should be worth less than Epic Loot.

11. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I played multiplayer and all i got was this legendary orc painting. :)

I know what we need! A place we can decorate using the lousy treasure, i want a golden trout on my mantelshelf!! A place people can "visit" to see our profile and achievements! Oh Yeah! or?... Dunno..

skip_intro likes this.
  12. Celedorn

Celedorn Mushroom Warrior

Well......they can easily make a crafting system that make use of these treasures. Also, they can be used to exchange for goods.

13. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I keep all of my 'unusual' treasures and use the filter to show my 'treasure room'. Sad but true.

Farbs likes this.
  14. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Screenshot please!

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think a lot of us agree that Treasure in general seem undervalued - and I have suggested other uses for it in the past (which wouldn't make much sense from the games current situation). Some people are fans of collecting treasure and would like to show it off - some people want crafting, and the treasure could work for this. Buuut - I was thinking, how could the percieved "value" of treasure be raised in combination with some kind of usefulness and ability to "show of your collection"? Ta da - I bring you, craftable figurines! These could either be simpler (5 uncommons to unlock 1 select colour variation for owned figure) or complex (5 legendary - or even specific legendaries, which could tie into a possible treasure trading system, which would unlock otherwise unobtainable figures). Maybe even have special treasure only drop from MP?

How about dem potatoes? I'm sure some people would be loathe to lose some of their goodies, but as this is optional - I believe this could be a winner, and even a "goal" for people hitting the cap. A lot of us are collectors at heart really.

skip_intro likes this.
  16. kogi

kogi Ogre

treasure.png

Megadestructo and skip_intro like this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My treasure room is pretty lame right now:
    [​IMG]

18. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

This much farm:

[​IMG]

One legendary, two epics, and a week's worth of farm (at least 40 hours). I ended up selling it because I figure if Blue Manchu buff's the selling price of these items it will only be after a reset. I sold it all and bought this: Sub-Zero Staff

You have to ask yourself: Is the current system a bit too hardcore? Can you expect the average player to benefit from the treasure system if it means he must play hardcore?

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Lately I haven't had enough free time to advance in the campaign, but I still try to get three MP victories every day. And today's victories gave me 2 treasures. In each chest. Other loot, even loot I already have a lot of (one my few non-treasure drops was a Beginner's Staff), at least could be useful to someone else; treasure is always useless.

20. m0ebody

m0ebody Kobold

Ok, so I saw this thread and farmed up to the epic chest to check it out. And I understand it's random, but 2 of my items (including my "guaranteed epic") ended up being treasure items. I guess if they were worth more, I'd be a bit more alright with it. But my epic, was a level 1 epic treasure!

IMO, if someone puts the time and effort to get to the last two premium chests, the guaranteed item should NOT be allowed to be treasure. I don't think the first few chests take too long to get to, so I have no issue if there is a chance the guaranteed items can be treasure.

On a side note, if the treasure was worth more, such as is being discussed, I'd retract my previous statement :D