[FEEDBACK] Lack of Eastpass Release Date

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by ParodyKnaveBob, Jul 3, 2021.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I believe I really should say it out loud.

Thank you, Knights, for not prematurely announcing a release date. Alternatives:

"We have a date! Wait, we're not ready yet? Just keep backing it up!" Probably only Shigeru Miyamoto can truly get away with this without frustration. I mean, it frustrates people, but he kinda keeps rewriting the book on how video games even exist, so, y'know. Exception. $:^ ]

"We have a date! Wait, we're not ready yet? Just push it out anyway!" This has been the widespread mentality since DLC became "a thing" decades ago. It was frustrating then. People mostly tolerate it now because it's just simply the norm. But, what happens when Card Hunter does it? Well, I don't want to be mean, but frankly, we get Castle Mitternacht PvP expansion published before a revised public test—meaning years of people complaining about Acid, Forms, Boo!, etc. (Vengeance, too, but I'm not sure if Vengeance would've seen much change since it's a rare gold card with excellent itemization all over the place in a power creep set.)

"We don't have a public date. We're workin' on it. You'll love it. (Probably.) Just know it's slated for summer and we have more than two non-artists on staff." See, that's much more reassuring to me. Thanks.

Regards,

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

They said summer, so that's a form of pressure for them. I'm old, and the days fly by. A season sometimes seems shorter than a weekend did when I was five. So all they have to worry about is Summer's End, which is a song on John's final album. RIP Mr Prine.

Eulalia and Susurrus in Gloaming like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Our brilliant community manager Sir Civil decided early on that we would only announce a release date once the release build was finalized and no longer being worked on :>

Things took a little longer than I personally anticipated (having a thorough 2-week internal QA process is... not something we had at Blue Manchu) but hopefully the free adventures will be worth the wait.

(Also, the release date was just announced for anyone who missed that!)

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.