Farming MP with your SP build?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Avarice, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

I play very little MP, but sometimes the siren song of the easy gold chest gets me...

So I use an exact copy of my SP farming build -- 3 dwarven control wizards with resistant hides and some firestorm mixed in. I usually throw the firestorms whether it's beneficial or not, just to make the game go quicker.

Is anyone else using their SP build, or a slight variation, in multiplayer?

2. MindsEye

MindsEye Kobold

I'm playing through the drawback quests right now in single player. I'm not sure if that would be a good idea for me.

Flaxative and Turbo164 like this.
  3. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

Well, you're going to win half your games regardless of what build you use, it'll just produce a lower rating long-term. I'm inclined to try a no-token build and see where my rating stabilizes. The current farming build is sitting around 1100 --- maybe 800 for a no-token build?

4. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Honestly, drawback quest build might work. Wizards with Trembling Staffs and Runestones would be most of the build and provide some great cards. I'm not saying it will be high rating but it could still win some games.

5. My MP and SP builds are a bit different. For SP I tend to go full damage because the AI is pretty dumb and full damage means faster games. For high level MP full damage does not work because the players are often better and have better cards than me, so I have to have ways to defend myself and survive their attacks. When I started MP and was at lower ratings, full damage worked just fine.

I use almost exactly that (with some perplexing ray mixed in) and it was easy to get to top-10. It's more difficult now of course with these new horrible melee-friendly maps :)

spacedust likes this.
  6. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

For me, it's not about rating, it's about fast games. It could be that with a no-token firestorm build that I'll be matched up against the AI more frequently. The AI plays faster than humans do.

I currently have 3 of the Staff of the Inferno. The Runestones might be interesting to swap in instead of all of the firestorm stuff I've been running, and they'd prohibit me from torching myself...

To put it another way -- "full damage" is the entire point of the thing. If it's full damage to everyone on the board that's not altogether a bad thing either.

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Yeah, I saw that topic of yours. I'm just unsure of how trying to use drawbacks on the racial skill, class skill and armor slot would impact the build, though. Especially class skill. It seems like you have a choice between Arcane Feedback and Defensiveness; Arcane Feedback is probably the better choice, especially since you could use Human wizards instead of dwarves and get rid of them with Leadership(Advanced Flexibility)

8. Naturally the drawback version would not be as effective but it would be close enough.

Humans is one way to do it but I personally I did all the drawback quests with 3 dwarven wizards, which is hands down my favorite SP team. I remember having Arcane Feedback but definitely not Defensiveness. Arcane Feedback is not a big deal but Defensiveness will kill you pretty fast. I would never use the latter in any circumstances.

For armor you could use for example Pixie Hide Clock with Superstitious or something that has Traveling Curse. Those traits are not fun but should be ok in SP.

Race skill.. maybe Untrained Stoutness to thin out the deck, or just leave the item slot blank.

But don't listen me, I don't spend too much time building SP decks. I'll just take whatever and see what happens :)