[Farming] How do you maximize your chances at legendary each day?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Igniferroque, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

This is more of a question than a proposal.

I don't have time to farm stages a couple of hundred times for their common chests. More than that, doing so would kill my enjoyment of the game. So, assuming I have finite time, is the following the best way to maximize my chances of getting a legendary in a given day? I believe most of these calculations assume you've purchased the Club.

1. The loot fairy which you can find fairly effectively using Flaxative's Loot Fairy Tracker. The epic has a 15% chance of being upgraded to a Legendary and the Club Rare has a 3% chance of being upgraded to a Legendary.
    2. Run through the 17 Treasure Hunts which each have a guaranteed Epic which has a 15% chance of being upgraded into a Legendary. As someone corrects me below, after you complete it the first time, Treasure Hunts are just like any other adventure.
    3. The rest of the available adventures.

I haven't tried Multiplayer, so I've left that out. Each of the Quests are one-shots, so I've left them out. And, if you're targeting a specific Legendary, you should focus your time on the dungeons at and around that item's level.

And if my maths are off, please correct me.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

1) Hitting the loot fairy is a good idea.
    2) The treasure hunts only guarantee an epic the FIRST time you beat them, so after that there's no reason to continue to include them.
    3) For the fastest approach focus on adventures you can quickly beat with the same or a similar party.

Don't bother targeting a specific legendary. Unless you really want some Relic Of St. Darqar or Antioch's Figurine it's highly unlikely to happen. Rough estimates, it takes around 25 adventures to pull a legendary. Meaning if you beat the same adventure for a month (missing a couple of days) you'll likely pull one legendary. That legendary will be from the appropriate range for that adventure, which for any but the lowest level adventures is a large range usually including at least 40 legendary items. So even if you beat the same adventure every day for a year, you'd have around a 30% chance of a specific legendary out of that list of 40 items (12 in 40).

Including the level 6 adventures in the diamond mines in your daily schedule is a good way to keep your gold count high enough to buy whatever you want from Randimar's.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Also WORTH NOTING. The club gives you a reward of the same or higher level as the highest guaranteed item in the chest. Since the first time through the treasure hunts you get a guaranteed epic, if you have the club you get two guaranteed epics or better. But only the first time through! So if you want to maximize the hunts, purchase the club before you play them, you never get a second shot at all those double epics+.

5. boro

boro Goblin Champion

If you want many legendaries fast only way to go is membership and that preferably on a new account.
    If you don't it'll take around 500 hours till you have a decent farming build that can reliably win maps in a minute (you can do this without legendaries).
    I think I'm somewhere around 700 hours in this game and I only have 18 legendary items, only one of them is amazing , Wym's Lavastaff, which I bought. I didn't get membership and I'm sure I had bad luck seeing other people's item lists or whatever.
    Make sure you carefully check Randimar, you don't want to pass the opportunity to buy something great because you will probably never get another chance. I've never seen a VP or Strongarm or really anything amazing besides the wym's lavastaff at Randimar though, legendary-wise.

Good thing is the majority of top items are rare/epic anyway :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz on the Lavastaff! GREAT farm implement. :)