Execution

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, Oct 8, 2016.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Execution

By: BVD

Story

You wake up, and remember the last night's party. Yeah that was fun, your chef Ramses even perepared a giant cake, it was delicious.
    With your eyes still closed you realise that you hear cheering and bloodthirsty cries around you, what Bloodthirsty cries?
    Then you suddenly come to a realisation, you are not in bed at all.
    You open your eyes and see that you are in a battle arena and a crowd of commonfolk is watching you from the stands, and then you see three giant golems enter the arena and remember the part of the party when a bunch of mercenaries barged in and started killing the guests. One hit you over the head and you dont remember anything after that.
    "Stand up and fight you rich coward!" they shout.

Execution.jpg

Epilogue
    Someone jumped out of the crowd of spectators and stealthily killed all three of the golems. Luckily the golems have a very low intelligence so when he kept telling them that he was there about the job as an executioner they believed him!
    "Ha, I cant wait to get back to my rich life of food and wine."

Feedback is appreciated - especially on how I can make this harder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Nice scenario, I like the idea of stealthily assassinating powerful enemies while protecting a weak character.

To make it harder, you could:
    • Decrease the amount of difficult terrain to increase the Golems' mobility.
    • Add a 'time limit' by setting all squares to enemy victory terrain and increasing how many victory points the enemy needs.
    • Decrease the map size to make it easier for the Golems to reach your characters.
    • Add another Golem (although this might make the scenario a bit too difficult).

wereviper and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

I added a third golem, this made the map harder but I think its the perfect amount of hard.
    I beat it first try but had some close scrapes.

Attached Files:

Inkfingers, Maniafig and wereviper like this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I lost once, before beating it but that time I was neither here about the job nor was uncanny good at dodging. Second time I won. I like the 2nd difficulty.

wereviper and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  5. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I lost twice because I didn't pay attention to whether the Golems had Clumsy or not but once I started to keep track of it I won on my first try. I think the difficulty with 3 golems is just right, it's hard enough that you need to think about where to move and when to attack and not so hard that you can easily lose even if you know what you're doing.

I also like the map itself, having an Assassin babysit a Guest against powerful but Clumsy enemies really showcases the Assassin's essence. My only suggestion is to change the pillar in the middle of the room to something else since it has the thick outline of blocked terrain, meaning it shouldn't be open terrain.

6. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I have yet to lose a match on hard mode, but I rather like it. It plays very well. You have to play very tactically, but how you go about it is pretty open-ended, due to all the nice space you have to work with. I'd put that into a MM.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  7. Beat the 3 golem version second time around. Nice map!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This.

Also, am I wrong that Panic can make you just randomly lose?

9. BlackVoidDeath

The golems usually attack with shredding strike first if they have it in hand.
    But you are right, once in a while you would lose because of panic. This is very rare though.

Also on the topic of the pillar - you can see the tile under the pillar so meaning that it is difficult terrain, if I wanted to make it blocking terrain I would use I black tile rather than battle arena floor, or am I wrong?

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No, decals can override the tile beneath (most Difficult terrain is done this way). The black tile underneath is used when the decal doesn't have a border.

11. Every time I drew panic in my second match it put me next to a golem, but the AI was bad and gave me a turn to run away every time (1 time it played shredding strike, which wasn't a kill, and the other time another golem moved rather than letting the one I was next to bludgeon me.)

12. BlackVoidDeath

This didnt kill me.
    panic1.jpg

13. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

a bit tough, but nice scenario.