Everyone's gonna hate me...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by j3st3ri, Jul 2, 2017.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I recently bought TWO Impeccabilities and decided to try them in High Mountain Pass. I knew that Ready To Strike would come in handy with the goblins, but then I noticed that it works really well against the ogres; for some reason all the sweep-attacks also triggers it!?! (Shattering Sweep, Crushing Sweep, and Weak Sweep)

I really don't mind this, but obviously that's not what should trigger Ready To Strike.

Also, when will you fix the wrong amount of stars in the Black Forest: Edge of the Wood-adventure? There's two Tall Beech Trees and you can only get two stars per tree. Still, the adventure shows six stars. I've mentioned this one before and while it has no technical effect to the game, I don't think it's very professional to have these small cosmetic bugs in the game, especially since this one has been there for ages. (did I tell already that I've mentioned this one before?)

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I suspect it's because the attack includes setting your facing. The real question is, does it trigger for all cards that do that... such as wizard cone attacks?

EDIT: Just tested with BVD, cone attacks do not trigger RtS.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

How about Berserk Spin and Impetuous Slash?

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

At least Berserk Spin also triggers Ready To Strike:
    upload_2017-7-2_23-58-21.png

So it's safe to say that all the cards that makes you choose your orientation, regardless of movement, will trigger Ready To Strike.

This makes the card so much better and I'm sure going to use Impeccability and Veteran's Helmet more often in SP. (not too keen for the other two helmets with Ready To Strike)

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Except its not all cards. If what I was saying above wasn't clear... if the Ready To Strike warrior is next to a wizard and that wizard changes his/her facing to play a cone card, RtS does not trigger.

j3st3ri likes this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Whoa, Cone facing doesn't trigger it? Now that's a bug. The fact that Cone overrides Clumsy flat-out requires movement before the attack. I'd like to read a console log on that to see what the difference is. Now this makes me wonder about Spin Around, too. $:^ \ Fwiw, yes, Impetuous Slash properly triggers it. I don't have a log to share, but I've relied on that a few times. $;^ } $}^ J