Every Non-Legendary Item Hunted!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Stexe, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Just finished hunting down every non-Legendary item. Was wondering how many others out there in Cardhuntria own them all?

For reference to my other statistics, I own 60% Legendary and 93% of all. There are a few people with 94% and maybe 95% -- was just wondering if they've collected all the Epics as well or do they have a higher Legendary percent or what.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    hatchhermit, Sir Veza and wavy like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz! I still have 2 hold-outs.

3. Stexe

Which ones? My last 3 were Flax's, Argo's, and Noral's (which I finally got today in my Randimar).

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

*ahem* white star?

5. Stexe

?

I'm not counting undroppables or treasures (I sell all of them, but I still do have that and Demonic Snuff Box).

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Stexe likes this.
  7. Stexe

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Veza and his low-level farming :p I've sold many surplus Nimbus Blades already :p

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dungeon of the Swamp King is low level? I know I've farmed it for well over 20,000 drops and ran the campaign from level 5 to 17 on a daily basis for months. Most of my speed farming before the nerfs was on levels 10, 14, 16, and 17. Some things just don't drop for some players. I sold excess Backflip Bucklers before ever saw my first Slippery Shield. You should know the vagaries of the RNG by now. Nimbus Blade just hasn't shown up for me yet.

Jarmo and Stexe like this.
  10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Some things just don't drop for some players? No kidding. I'd like to start a new account, chances are 12 months later I will have a different set of missing items and surplus stuff.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's normal randomness in such cases to get many of some and none of some others. That's just the way it shakes out. It would take thousands of legendaries for the counts to start to even out. The random drops are equal in large numbers but unequal in smaller, accessible-with-our-playing-times quantities. It would be unnatural if all the drops happened in equal numbers for a single player. It would mean the system is not random at all but managed somehow, like crossed of a list or something. With natural randomness we get drop distributions like this.

Sir Veza and Scarponi like this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz on the St. Portia's Mauls! Sorry about the gaps. :(
    The only Hand Of Melvelous I have was the auto-drop, and I got my first Lt. Buckwell's Strapping last month. I started farming L6 in search of The Strongarm, and it's the only L6 legendary I still don't have. I'm well set on some other goodies, including the 2x FS items - farmed 11, bought 1. It's like the RNG is willing to let me play with fire, but not sharp objects. Go figure.

14. boro

boro Goblin Champion

I highly doubt the drops are truly random, I've seen too many times where I get a rare or epic and the next one I get is the same one. Up to the point where if I get a good rare or epic twice on the same day (that never dropped in the previous 364 days), I'll keep farming the levels around that item level and get a third (I've done this with success on 3 attempts) . Sometimes you farm a month without a legendary, sometimes you get 5 in a day. I've seen too many drop related things to believe in it being random. It's possible it is supposed to be random, but the randomizer is borked or something.

15. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

@Sir Veza - 11? Oh why oh why :) .. I've got The Strongarm and some other lvl6 legendaries (I only wrote multiple copies) .. but I farm with Fire .. and 2x Firestorm items would really be handy .. but OK ..

@Jarmo - Well .. I've got Ms in Electrotechnics .. I know theory behind randomness and distributions but when I get 3rd Hawlic's G. Shirt and I desperatelly want some other items its easier for me if I write it somewhere ;)

Anyway, as @boro said .. I dont know it distribution is trully random .. it can have some "weights" .. that some items are not so rare as other .. but that's conspiracy theory ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Boro, it's quite normal for some unlikely stuff to happen to one player. It's like in life in general. Sometimes you meet three guys from your first grade within a week when you haven't seen any of them in 20 years. That's just random stuff happening, a coincidence. We remember the oddball stuff. We don't remember the thousand times when nothing exciting happened.

What you describe with the loot has never happened to me within over a year of almost daily playing. If it was systematic, it should happen to every player. I'm sure you can find many others who have never had such clustering happen to them if you ask around.

Very weird coincidences can happen with any one player. They just don't happen across the board. If they did, we'd know about it already, we follow this stuff closely enough to soon catch such anomalies.

17. boro

boro Goblin Champion

I knew that reaction would come. But believe me I have a fairly good understanding what randomness looks like, and the drop pattern I get does not qualify.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I have noticed this RNG has the sort of trends you report. Unusual epic or legendary items I dropped during the week would often show up in Randimars. It seems to go in cycles. I speed-farmed L17 for about a week looking for the last rare I was missing. Once the first one dropped I got 4 more in 3 days just doing my normal runs.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

So why doesn't this clustering happen for every player? It's a feature of the drop system which only holds true for a very few players? So there are many systems? Or these are just normal coincidences, happening rarely but often enough only for a few players for them to notice? Which is an expected feature of a naturally random system. There will always be weird stuff for some. The large majority of players with no such phenomena have no reason to notice or report the nonexistence of them while the few who have had them do.

I believe clustering has happened for you enough for it to feel unnatural. That this happens for everyone hasn't been demonstrated. Besides, it's easy enough for the devs to check for the expected working of the system from the millions of drops in the database log. If there was game-wide emergent, unwanted clustering they'd be able to see it and correct it.

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't know how widespread it is. I don't know the number, or range of numbers, required to drop a specific item, nor how it corresponds to dropping identical items on adjacent levels. I don't even know the number ranges used.
    I know the built-in RNG in my desktop rolls a 1 on a d100 range more often than it should. (10 sets of 1 million rolls. Low 3%, high 7%, average 5.4%. 5 sets on one day, 5 sets 2 days later.) It definitely shows up in the old DOS games I play. I don't know if this would have any bearing on the RNG used by CH. I don't know if hardware, OS, or browser can affect the distribution of the RNG used by CH.
    So I'm in the dark on the operating specifics, but I've observed patterns of cyclic behavior of drops for the past year.
    If results can be affected by hardware, OS, or browser it would be really nice to know what to swap out to get more variation. :cool:

Jarmo and boro like this.