Escape to the temple

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by turinturamba, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Our plucky band of heroes and their little doggie are being hunted by a nefarious goblin shaman and his minions. Just when they thought they could take shelter in an ominous-looking temple, the shaman raises corpses from the dead to block their way. Curses! Can you lead the heroes to safety?

temple.jpg

Attached Files:

Scared Little Girl likes this.
  2. I saw you playing this earlier and it looks very interesting. Will probably lag the lower end computers, but could be fun.

turinturamba likes this.
  3. I'll post this feedback that I forgot to post back in the day when this topic first appeared.

What can I say, an awesome scenario.

What I really like about this scenario is the aspect of having to retreat. I've always like scenarios where you have to defend or retreat instead of attacking, maybe because the overwhelming enemy force makes it much more intense. You get the same sense here, as you desperately try to climb those stairs into the temple.

I finished the scenario a second time just now and the experience was even better than the first time. If I had to use one word to describe it, I would say "epic". Seconds before total defeat, I managed to blow up a festering zombie and kill most of my enemies, apart from two very angry ogres, one of them sitting inside the temple and capping vp's! Somehow I managed to survive with the ogre next to me and the other one rushing in. Gary was just about to win when I managed to kill the other ogre and gain a victory. Fun stuff.

Pros:
    - unique map shape
    - good difficulty
    - requires tactical skills because you cannot afford to waste your cards
    - great selection of characters on both sides for this particular scenario
    - has a great feeling of D&D party doing some adventuring
    - polished

Cons:
    - None that I found

Other comments:
    - I was just wondering if it would have made more sense to have the Shaman sit inside the temple? This would give it a bit more active role, plus attacking temples and killing shamans/priests is always fun. It would also increase the sense of urgency because of VP squares.

10/10

turinturamba likes this.
  4. Thanks for the awesome feedback. Glad to hear that the scenario played out as intended.

As for the Shaman, I included him mostly for story purposes. Putting him in the temple sounds like a decent idea. However I fear that it would force players to use their early attacks on them, because it is very hard to reach the temple in the first two turns. Given that you often need those attacks to kill a blocking zombie it would feel a bit unfair. The way it is now he quite often gets killed by battleraging ogres, which is quite funny.

5. Yes, you are probably right. And yes, battleraging ogres killing their friends is always fun. :)