Enemy rolls seem anything but random.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by imMara, Jan 24, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

And people say that games can't teach you anything.... :cool:

2. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

lol... As long as ya don't go around poking people with Spears yelling Piercing damage!

3. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

:(

Well there goes my plans for the weekend.

Kaerius likes this.
  4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

+ 1 damage to penetrating attacks me gusta smile.jpg

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We don't use Flash for any random number generation (that affects gameplay) as that would be cheatable. All the gameplay-relevant random numbers, like armor and block rolls are generated on the server using the Java Random library. Specifically, the Math.random() function:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Math.html#random()

That function description says: "values are chosen pseudorandomly with (approximately) uniform distribution.

We don't ever skew the result to make the game harder or easier.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. quixotegut

quixotegut Kobold

My problem isn't the saving throws, it's the pooling of cards between groups of mobs and them having 2+ block cards and being able to draw 3+ cards at the start of the round. This, mixed with what I feel is slightly more mob-favored saving rolls = a very unhappy Quix...

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Rolls are not tweaked in any as far as the devs tell us. If you feel they are do get a reliable sample size, generally 2500 rolls and see if the disparity is over 3%. Taking out one mob in every group is a easy way to cut down on your troubles from their draws as every mob lost reduces the draw.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. quixotegut

quixotegut Kobold

I get that, it's probably just me remembering the bad and not the good. I just feel that, in certain circumstances (like when 5 mobs are pooling 2 armor from one hand) that I'm the losing end of the deal when they hit 9/10th of their rolls.