Electric feel

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Lucky Dice, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I decided to put some... intro to that deck. Here it is:

And now onto the deck...

Zorngerr
    Level 1 Human Priest

Winjerrton
    Level 22 Human Wizard

Questerrdere
    Level 22 Human Wizard

Basically, electricity. Not much to say about that. But! Along with the electricity, I packed in something just as interesting - card removal... cards. All sorts of Perplexing Rays and Memory Losses, as well as Dissolve Armor to an extent, are my ways of erasing nasty attacks, problematic armor and blocks. It might not seem to be reliable, but believe me - it is. Because all the cards are arcane magic! -3 on a block roll works wonders when you attempt to discard things. Defender's Block? Pff. it's 6+. Any 4+ block? Impossible to proc. So yeah, pretty effective at that. And all the sparks are good at erasing targets quickly. You got some bigger ones, like the Mighty Spark (that becomes Obliterating Spark with that one boost - from Gold to Emerald!) Arcing Sparks and Jumpsparks that are your long range burst basically, pretty dangerous too, and your normal Sparks. But even they are lethal! With Unholy Wellspring and your Spark Generator, it's 7 damage! Again, pretty nasty. The priest works as the drawing engine. I decided to go for more unorthodox drawing, in form of Accelerated Thought and Unholy Energy, which are great turn wasters on the very start, when you want to buff your wizards.

Despite the fact it's neither burst nor volcano, I've got some good, solid wins with this deck. Definitely better than average. I feel like it plays sort of like Undying from Dota 2, when you rely on your opponent doing some stupid things against it, like walking forward to get hit by a zap or a memory loss, which causes them to lose their precious armor.

I've had my discarding goodness...ess save my day. One time they discarded Grounding Plates, the other they removed Resistant Hide. Great feeling tbh.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

I remember losing to this with a melee build, with Short Perplexing Ray being the key card. It's like the wizard's step attack! Getting out of melee range is already worth a card, so it's an auto 2-for-1. It doesn't look like much but it proved to be quite effective, and your build makes me want to try it.

Lucky Dice and timeracers like this.
  3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

People want to be more meta at times, so you might want to change that draw engine your Priest provides a bit to make it more efficient.

4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I think it is a good idea to try out Portable Battery, which may have some potential. The Ebony Prayer-Beads on the other hand I don't like and somethink straight forward like an Amulet Of Inspiration should be better.
    Otherwise it seems like a pretty solid deck, which never wants to face burst, but loves to see melees. I dont like builds which have such a big downside, but if you can live with that, it seems good.