Disenchant removed terrain enchantments

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by tarmit, Dec 1, 2021.

1. tarmit

tarmit Kobold

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is what Disenchant does - it removes all attachments, including terrain attachments, belonging to the opponent. It's a unique effect :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. tarmit

tarmit Kobold

Okay. I will chalk my example up to ambiguous card text ("attached cards" meaning something else on something like Walpurgis Night). Thanks for checking.

fatcat__25 likes this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

WN reads, "Discard all cards attached to affected characters."
    Disenchant reads, "Discard all attached cards belonging to other players."

The difference is one describes what the attached cards do (attached to affected characters) while the other describes who* owns** the attached cards (belonging to other players).

*Strictly speaking, the card reads that it'd affect teammate-players' cards, too, although @Flaxative only mentions the opponent in the usual GM-vs-player(s) setting. I don't know which way this would be handled in a relevant co-op custom / Mauve Manticore battle.
    **In the event another player gained control of this card (Duck? monkeys?), I don't know whether it'd only handle ownership or actually fall to controllership. Again, just answering how the card reads.

Regards,

fatcat__25 likes this.
  5. tarmit

tarmit Kobold

> WN reads, "Discard all cards attached to affected characters."

My in-game version of WN does not say that but instead reads: "All characters: Discard all attached cards." (emphasis mine)

I agree with the way that WN is written in the wiki the distinction between "attached to affected characters" and "all attachments (including terrain)" is clear to me, but not to me with the in-game version.

6. ParodyKnaveBob

Oh! My mistake, then, sorry! I um .. haven't actually opened the game in some months, unfortunately. Reasons. I want to. Anyway.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They could make it less ambiguous by changing it to: "Discard all cards attached to you." Though that may confuse players who skimmed over the "All characters:" bit.

I don't have time (or friends) to test disenchanting attachments stolen by teammates, but here's a simple scenario for anyone who can put together a 2x2 game.

Attached Files:

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

this is a good point, I had to revise WN recently and this was an oversight. I will try to adjust it to be more clear soon :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  9. ParodyKnaveBob

I wonder if "Discard all character attachments." would work for ya.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm not sure we use the term "attachments" to refer to cards attached to characters anywhere else in the game, but we DO use it for terrain attachments regularly. Standardizing this may save space on cards. I'll give it some thought :)

ParodyKnaveBob and fatcat__25 like this.