Discussion: Ranked PVP Maps

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Phaselock, May 11, 2013.

1. azelea

azelea Mushroom Warrior

Okay for testing the RNG (different thread) I had to start 10 games to gather some statistics. I also decided to test streams of blood.

8 out of 10 times there was a character of the bottom team starting on A7
    0 out of 10 times there was a character of the bottom team starting on A9
    7 out of 10 times there was a character of the top team starting on K5
    0 out of 10 times there was a character of the top team starting on K7

----

I dare say without a doubt that the way you've painted the map is wrong.
    I think your memory might be playing tricks on you or the map was changed or something else in the programming is causing this, but either way, as it stands right now, there are no starting positions on A9 and K7.

I would invite you to test this out for yourself.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Alright thanks for spotting it, I'll find some time to test this map out again and see if I can get a screenshot. If not, I'll just edit OP :)

3. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

You can expect both of these Boards to be edited or dropped very soon. Forest is a bit wonky and I'm pretty sure the oldest one in the game (although I don't mind playing on it) and Bridge needs to at least be symmetrical.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Updated OP with latest Bridge map.

5. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

The dungeon map needs a major overhaul. The lack of symmetry and random spawns is game-breaking. Too many times I've seen a guy's wizard spawned between two warriors or my wizard spawned between a warrior or priest.

Even better is when I have the first turn, and use a wall of stone to shut one of their characters out of the middle for two rounds.

Right now playing dungeon is like playing a roulette wheel. Too much luck and not enough fun.

EDIT: Check out http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/rank-the-mp-boards.1973/

Dungeon has fewest votes out of any map. No one enjoys this map.

6. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Um, yes some people DO, in fact, enjoy this map. As for the wall of stone that can be done on many of the maps. Streams is one of the worst for this. One wall of stone and their whole team is locked out for a while unless they have a heck of a lot of movement to go the long way around.

I do think the spawns should be shifted around so that you aren't instantly flanked though.