[DISCUSSION] Equipment and Gear Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Megadestructo, May 30, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Sure, I don't disagree it could be presented in other ways - I just intended to inform you there was a feature for it if you needed it.

2. Jim

Jim Mushroom Warrior

A simple one, being able to go to a store after a quest and click a button that would show only the items you just got from previous quest.

Would make it easy to keep track of new items. If it's available as a filter already, my bad.

3. Dejin

Dejin Kobold

It would be nice to be able to order your own items by the order in which they were acquired. Sometimes when I'm fighting through a dungeon I'll pick up some loot that I'm interested in, but which isn't appropriate for my current set of opponents. An hour or so later when I get through the dungeon, I won't quite remember what I acquired, just that it was "really neat" and worth a second look.

Being able to order my own equipment in the order in which it was acquired would both allow me to fix this problem and might also be a neat way to remember the battles you'd fought in, as all the equipment would be ordered by the battles you'd fought. "Hey I remember yesterday when I acquired the Fabled Helm of CardHuntia and hey look at all the other loot I got in that same dungeon."

smeata likes this.
  4. bomdefa

bomdefa Kobold

I feel that the inventory can become unwieldy very quickly now as the number of cards pile up. Furthermore, there are many items that are situational, like shields that block magic vs attack cards.

Hence, I feel that there are 2 ways to improve the inventory now.

1) Allow us to create sets. We can designate equipped items into sets, name them, and equip the same set of items by clicking on the set we want.

2) Add notes or color-coding to items.

Both of these suggestions will allow us to see more easily what an item does, as well as equip the suitable ones more quickly rather than having to search the entire inventory. For example, when facing a battle with many magic users, we can equip magic-protection items then switch to melee-protection set in the next battle.

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Have you tried using the store/retrieve party feature to make parties with different builds for easy loading ?

6. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I suggest adding a feature to filter items by token requirements.

The best way to do this is perhaps be 3 check boxes, "show gold tokens", "show blue tokens", "show basic items".

This would enable us to, much more quickly, find the type of items required -- instead of having to sort by token req and then mouse-over everything to find where the "split" is.

7. Optim1sm

Optim1sm Kobold

Hi guys. I'm enjoying the game so far, but I find managing my items to be a bit of a pain, especially in the lower levels when you're getting lots of items which you can't use yet.

I'd like to see a better system for organizing my inventory. I imagine something like tabs would work. Specifically, I'd like to see a tab called "To Sell," for items I intend to sell at my next opportunity, and another "To Equip," for items I intend to use when I'm able.

In the Diablo series, you can toggle between two weapon sets at the push of a single button. I think that sort of functionality would be great in Card Hunter as well, to allow you to switch between lightning and fire spell builds, for instance.

Thanks.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Tagging items is a common suggestion. Another common suggestion is having the shop/keep screens remember your filter/sort settings.

For now, some things you can do:
    • Clicking on an equipped item will filter inventory and shop by that item type.
    • Clicking the red "All" button will show just the items the current char has slots and power tokens for ("Usable").
    • The little red buttons sort different ways, click a second time to reverse sort. So clicking the "O" twice will put all the no-token items first.

9. Giblit

Giblit Kobold

I do not want to hijack this thread but it is kinda the same thing so why create a new one when one exists?
    -Create a inventory filter for items with a drawback card. This would help when doing those quests.

Thanks
    -Giblit

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You can type "handicap" into the search bar to get this effect.

I know, I know, it's undocumented, and the name "handicap" is not the same as "drawback." We've noted this confusion before, but it means you can also search for other types of cards. (Link.)

11. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Yep, Handicap search is very usefull.

Anyone know efficient way to search "block" type cards? Typing block brings up all the hard to block stuff, which is annoying when looking at staffs or weapons.

12. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

Do like these suggestions.

To add to the list :
    • Would like items to be grouped by categories - All the bashing skills together, all the toughness skills together, all the clubs together, all the rapiers together, etc..

13. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I want this too, but I was thinking of a filter more along the lines of "newest to oldest" that sorts gear in the order that I acquired it.
    Sorting gear by level in a traditional progression-based game would normally do the trick, but this game encourages you to revisit old adventures, creating a need for a nice spread of gear that can be useful to a wide range of character levels. redoing old adventures immediately begins clogging up my inventory with a sprinkling of gear (at a huge variety of levels) that can't be easily found and weeded out again. This is especially frustrating when your objective is to farm for a bit of gold, because finding your vendor trash afterwards becomes a chore.
    If I could simply filter loot by newest to oldest, or "things I got just today", I could rummage back through all my stuff and find my farmed vendor-trash so much more easily.

Alternatively, it would be kind of cool at the point of acquisition (opening a chest) that instead of drag-and-dropping the loot to my inventory, there was an instant-vendor box I could drag worthless junk to that would simply convert the item to it's value in coins, without the need for finding it among my belongings later on and vendoring it...

While on the subject of vendoring... it would be awfully nice to see a less penalizing buy-back option. In dragging gear off my characters while at the store, I accidentially vendored my first epic weapon a couple days ago. Entirely my fault, but damn, 500 gold to get it back? Oh, my heart. :(

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Being tested as we speak:

Aldones likes this.
  15. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

I love how things are at the moment but it would be nice if we could have an advanced option that could list items as a spreadsheet with columns for name/rarity, tokens, cards, date acquired, how many of an item you own, how many of an item you have spare.

Now that I think about it it would be cool to do that for modules too, rather than having to scroll around a big map.

16. Jim

Jim Mushroom Warrior

This. Simple solution. Like it.

Also, and I'm sure this has been suggested but want to throw it out again.
    Remove from Party should either remove equipped items OR there should be a button to remove all equipped items.
    Getting annoyed now that I'm doing the challenges of having to hunt through my out of party characters for items.