[DISCUSSION] Equipment and Gear Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Megadestructo, May 30, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Instructions!

Hit F1 to open the console. You can hit F1 a second time to see full history (like battle logs.)

Type either "partybbcode" or "partyanddecksbbcode" (without quotes) and hit enter. The first one will get your entire active item list into the clipboard. The second will get the item list and all the cards that come from them.

Go to the forum, start a new post, and paste what's on the clipboard.

You'll notice, of course, that this gets you extra code ("bbcode") that you don't need unless you want to look things up on the wiki. This is the best we can do for now. If you want the code erased from the results, you can do fiddling with more copying and using Notepad or something.

gimlet90210 and Tasmanian Devil like this.
  2. Elvareus

Elvareus Kobold

I've tried to search around and I haven't really found anything about this I think, but I hope you could implement a filter that is sort of like a "recently received items" filter. When you play through an adventure and open up chests 3 or 4 times you read some items and you know that you're just going to sell it. But when you're done the adventure you can't remember what those items are because you've just been playing or there were two or these items per chest that were spaced out over the module. It's a big hassle shifting through all of your inventory again just to find items you know you're going to sell and makes the game feel like there's a lot of clutter.

3. cageyBoob

cageyBoob Kobold

This is a good idea but I think that an unequip-all button would be more useful on main party characters. This would make knocking together a new build much more convenient and it would mean players could ensure that no items were tied up with inactive characters by unequipping everything before they sub those characters out.

4. I also like this idea. Most items are basically worthless (1 gold coin) and because there is no to cost to keeping them I don't bother selling them. Now that I've got 18+ rows of items , the filters (either selecting a slot type on a character or from the drop down) and sorts only provide so much assistance when it comes to reviewing my characters to ensure I have the best build due to information not being presented until you hover over an item. Being able to sort equipment into different labelled bins or just being able to store some of my equipment out of my inventory in my keep was my first thought though from reading all the other great ideas on this thread I wouldn't be surprised if there was an even better solution.

Another idea that came to me while writing this post was that it would be nice if you could click your charachter's figure and have it filter to all items applicable to just that character; maybe even grouped by slot type.

5. MadSlag

MadSlag Kobold

Just started playing last night. Love the game. The only thing that I found difficult was the lack of info on the cards when buying new gear. Mousing over only gives me the name of the card. For new players not familiar with the cards it would be great to have all the info pop up as well . . . or a mechanic that would allow to preview the cards before buying. This would make buying new gear less of a random purchase if the player was unfamiliar with the card types. Again, I'm having a blast playing and think it is lots of fun. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to get out of the tutorial and into the campaign!

Mike

6. xwf

xwf Kobold

You can do so by right-clicking the item or pressing the space bar when mousing over it.

7. MadSlag

MadSlag Kobold

Silly Me! The game is perfect than :)! Can't wait to get home to play more of it tonight!

8. minddrifter

minddrifter Kobold

Sorry if this has been said before, but the one main thing that I have an issue with is the stores not showing what new items they have in stock. If there was a yellow circle or shading behind the new items in the shop that would help out very much! Or if there was a filter that showed only new items added to the shop, that would work as well.

9. Cuthawolf

Cuthawolf Kobold

This please. I would very much like a button that just takes all equipment off the selected character.

10. As a newb, I get a new item then have a tough time finding it later!

11. johnnyan

johnnyan Kobold

So, for example, in campaign mode, I don't want to sell by mistake the items equipped on my multiplayer party, for God's sake, why are they there ?

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

There's an "unused" filter for the stores. I suggest using that to avoid these kind of situations - and yes, it counts all currently equipped parties (sp+mp). Not sure about stored ones though, might need corroborating.

13. johnnyan

johnnyan Kobold

Thanks, that kinda solves my problem.

Btw, is there a way to edit the title of this topic ? Something must have gone terribly wrong when I wrote that.

14. Pengw1n

Sorry, only mods that have that godly power.

15. johnnyan

johnnyan Kobold

Well, if some God passes by please change "Don show equipped" to "Don't show", thanks a bunch.

Btw, it would be really nice if the game would save our filter options.

16. Hello all,

I always concern about the items I'm using in multiplayer when playing campaign mode. I like to sell all the unused items and have a clean inventory but unfortunately is difficult to identify the items some character may be using. In fact I ended up selling some multiplayer items while in campaign mode by mistake.

It would be great if there was an icon or a fade effect on items that are currently being used by a character in campaign mode and also in multiplayer mode.

Or maybe a filter option to remove all equipped items from the inventory list. That would be awesome.

Thanks,
    PoM

17. Pengw1n

18. I see. thank you for your replay.

Maybe the button should be replaced for a combobox? I believe a button with "all" is not very user friendly. I completely misunderstood the button.

Thanks,
    PoM

19. Pengw1n

I agree, it's not obvious it's toggle-able. Might be useful to make this more obvious, but at least it's there. :)

20. Hi Pengw1n,

I did check the other post but that one is asking only to be able to remove the equipped items and I'm asking those items to be marked as used. It's the same subject but a different request.

Having the button to filter the items does help but I still feel that having an icon on top of the items showing they are been used will be move friendly and usefull.

Its like you see in most of the RPGS. you get an icon of the characters face on lower bottom corner of the item telling that that item is been used.

I still think this is a good suggestion. Having the filter option is ok but the icon will be a lot more friendly.

Regards,
    PoM