[DISCUSSION] Equipment and Gear Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Megadestructo, May 30, 2013.

1. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Hit the space bar to see all the cards.

2. Antistone

Antistone Mushroom Warrior

I know that I can zoom in on an item. I can also drag the item some place away from the edge of the screen. The fact that mouse-over cards draw off-screen is still stupid and annoying.

3. Antistone

Antistone Mushroom Warrior

The shop and inventory windows should maintain its current scroll position when I switch character tabs. I'm looking through the shop with filters off to see what new stuff's available, I see something interesting, I want to compare it to what I've currently got equipped, so I switch to the relevant character...and the item I was looking at disappears because the window resets! Very annoying.

grolibus and Logan Hawkthorne like this.
  4. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Kobold

I would like to be able to see all the items I gained in my last adventure so that I can sell them or reevaluate them for general use if I was using some sort of specific party build like anti armor.

Mutak likes this.
  5. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

I support this - either as a filter or as a little "new" tag on the items.

It would be helpful in case of an accidentally skipped chest in MP too. I understand that even if you nav away from the page without opening the chest, the loot still goes to your collection, but i have hundreds, if not thousands of items in my collection. How am i supposed to know what that stuff was?

6. Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil Mushroom Warrior

I'm not sure if this fits under equipment and gear organization but it is related:

Suggestion: Store filter to show only items I don't currently own.

I really like collecting all the different equipment options to experiment with in deck building but whenever I check the shops for New equipment I constantly have to switch filters/troll through my now extensive collection to see if I already have an item.

spacedust, Kilopip and Mutak like this.
  7. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

My suggestion: add the ability to sort by how recently you obtained the item. It would make selling recently-acquired junk items much more efficient.

And +1 on being able to mark items as favorites (or, even better, add tags to items).

8. Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren Kobold

A button somewhere on the character sheet for "Drop All" would be nice.

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This will be in the build I'm uploading now. Toggle the store filter to show "new" items (where new means "I don't own").

Tasmanian Devil likes this.
  10. Jon

Fixing this now.

grolibus likes this.
  11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Awesome! I'm a big collection junkie so this will definitely make me very happy in the long run.

Also not sure if this is the right thread but is there any chance to get some way to sell anything over the max usable amount of items? Basically if i have 11 of the same warrior weapon in case trading doesn't exist its pretty much pointless for me to own more than 9 so instead of sitting on useful gold i could just easily convert them. I know 11 of the same weapon is not very likely but 3 helmets and shields happen a lot. Would be nice i think so hopefully its possible thanks.

12. Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil Mushroom Warrior

Awesome! thanks

13. Jon

Apparently my implementation of the "unowned/new" filter doesn't account for equipped items... Will fix.

14. Jon

Should be fixed in the next build.

15. Crayt

Crayt Kobold

I'm assuming my problem should go into this thread since it does have something to do with the equipment, inventory or whatnot. I'm also not sure whether it has been mentioned, reasoned for or anything such yet - but here goes:

I find the fact that the singleplayer and multiplayer inventories are combined in both modes(?) somewhat bothersome. Now, it's not really the shared inventories itself that bother(s?) me, it's more the fact that whenever I switch between the modes the equipment that was... equipped on multiplayer or singleplayer are unequipped in the other mode. And I feel like it would get tedious to constantly switch things around and out every time you find a better item. So what I propose is that the items you equip in singleplayer also become equipped in the multiplayer - and vice versa. Because frankly, I've already managed to sell some of the items I had equipped in the multiplayer from the singleplayer mode because I presumed they'd remain equipped.

But maybe it's just me. I don't know... Or maybe it's already been mentioned - again, I really don't know.

Thanks for paying attention, though.
    Sincerely,
    Crayt.

16. Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren Kobold

I would say this is because campaign and multiplayer as a rule require completely different gear setups. If the inventories were the same you would have to change your gear around every time you switched modes which would be insanely annoying.

grolibus likes this.
  17. grolibus

grolibus Kobold

I'd like to say that this here thread is the most important thing to do for this game, right now.
    Managing a large inventory is pretty hard, for something so central to the game.

Anyway, here's my laundry list:
    - Display the power bulb requirements right on the icon, rather than having to hover over the item.
    - Save/Load teams in between battles as well as in the keep or at the beginning of quests.
    - Save/Load individual character setups.
    - "Favourite" flags to set and filter for.
    - "Junk" flags, to flag what we want to sell while we aren't in a shop.
    - Yes, a "usable" filter that only shows what you have the *available* bulbs for!
    - When you sort your inventory, visually show the demarcation between categories. Coloured bacckgrounds for the corresponding rarities, for instance.

This game's really nice, keep it going in the right direction!

spacedust and Keyser like this.
  18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You'll find lots of support for most of those suggestions.

Store and retrieve between battles, though, will probably be shot down by the devs. The current implementation of store/retrieve would allow you to change the people themselves who are on the adventure, and that would break logic. Maybe they could find some middle ground for the currently-active party, but I don't know.

And the only other one I think they wouldn't like is adding the visual clutter of the power tokens right on top of their item icons (without mouseover). They struggle to find the sweet spot of "useful but not overwhelming," and I think a massive pile of "blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue" would be a struggle to make work out--even to give you the usefulness that you want.

The visual demarcation between sections of (e.g.) rarities would be good for just that sort of thing, though. Some people support the idea of full-out subsetting, too, where you just don't display things outside of a target value. And then I personally keep pushing for nested sorts, which in combination really would get you what you want.

spacedust and skip_intro like this.
  19. grolibus

grolibus Kobold

I'm glad people agree with most of this.
    I thought I'd help it sink in that we care about those things ;)

- As for character load/save:
    I'm not asking to change teams, only equipment. The technical hiccup isn't so much a reason to shoot it down as some extra work that will probably push it a bit further down the To Do list...

- As for diplaying bulb req. on item icons:
    It's not a massive pile, it's one or two little bulbs in the corner. Smaller than what appears when you hover over the item, if it really looks better.
    With how often you already have a bulb number in mind when you browse through items (most of the time, that is), this tiny little tweak will save us tons of time and annoyment.

I'm not sure what "full-out subsetting" would entail exactly, but I think I like the principle :p

20. gimlet90210

gimlet90210 Kobold

Here's my couple of requests/agreements with previous suggestions:

-On the shop screen, either by default or with a button, please display on the shop item when mousing over how many of that item I already own everywhere including equipped on non-party characters. It would make it SO much faster to browse through the store looking for goodies I don't have yet or don't have a full set of. I suggest in parenthesis in a corner, or maybe even next to the price (probably with an explanation when mousing over the price: "Price 25 - You own 3 of this item".
    -On non-party characters, an "unequip all" button. Ideally a "re-equip all" button too, if there's not some other "save/re-equip character items" function. It's fine if it doesn't completely equip all items because some have been sold/are equipped on other characters - that's pretty obvious by the blank box, or it could be highlighted red if you *really* wanted.
    -Nice: Some way to tag an item as "wanted" and have it highlight on the shop screen, maybe with a summary at the top "This shop has 3 items on your Want List". If you're doing something like this, it would also be nice to tie it in with other Tags - "junk", "precious", ideally let me type in custom text.
    -Then make the tags text also searchable via the search box, with an implied "and" when entering multiple space-separated text, and "-" in front of a text to DEselect - so I could look for "fire -junk" say.
    -And agree with the suggestion above, I too would REALLY also like a way to sort by acquisition time - it is frustrating to try to find what was in a chest that I didn't see or just plain forgot what was in it, or even stuff I bought on a shopping spree.
    - A way to get a text list of a character's equipment would be very nice - mainly so I could highlight it and copy/paste it to a text file.

If "cluttering up the interface" is a consideration against some of these things (and it should be), I personally would be fine with adding the less-used or "used mainly by packrats with 1000s of items" type functions to something like a right-click menu. Alternative: Have an option for "advanced display" with things like replacing the "ctrl-click: drop" text with other useful info.

Cheers and thanks for a fun game, now that I've made some progress help me stay organized without mousing through the item screens over and over :D

Keyser likes this.