[DISCUSSION] Equipment and Gear Organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Megadestructo, May 30, 2013.

1. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

I think the current mechanisms are quite ok. But what i would love to see is some sort of button where you can turn of/ turn in items that use tokens.

E.g. i want to do a level 12 quest with my lvl 18 party so i have less tokens to spend. Then i klick on an item the uses a token e.g. a heavy armor because i need to replace it, but the game shows me all armor and i have to go to every item by myself which is very time consuming. So a combination off show only heavy armor + zero tokens or only minor tokens would be great. And i don't think its that hard to implement. You have that kind of sorting system already in the costumes shop e.g. show only elf + wizzard.

And one more thing. You can type in names to filter specific cards or specific items which is great but once you use the reset button the text field is not reseted. Would be great if you could chance this too.

Heretiick likes this.
  2. funny

funny Mushroom Warrior

I would love to have an option to save outfits (a certain gear collection), maybe three slots for each character.
    I could save a "chop warrior" config, a "bash warrior" config etc, similar to the "outfitter" addon that WoW had many years ago (maybe still has, dunno).

grolibus and Essence like this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Click the equipment slot to filter by type, then click the O button twice to reverse sort by power tokens.

Jon is currently working on this, and may have the first version ready this week.

4. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

Well this is one solution i didn't see and should work for the moment. But as far as i have understood the game is going to offer 50 levels and several kinds of tokens which would lead to the same problem sooner or later. So some combination of beeing able to sort items by the item slot you want to use and the token level would still be great, at least in my opinion.

5. Vice

Vice Kobold

Something like that could also be useful to change all characters out from a party. Right now, since you can't have an empty party, you have to remove to characters, then add one/two, then remove the third form the first party, then add the remaining one/ones. It's quite a hassle.

6. kogi

kogi Ogre

The usable filter needs sorting. Ideally I would like to see the usable items sorted by type, and within the type sorted by power

7. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I believe it has already been stated in this thread that you can do exactly that:

• Select the item type.
    • Set the filter to usable.
    • Sort by power required (Click the O once for descending sort, twice for ascending sort)

8. kogi

kogi Ogre

I mean for all items. I thought it would be good to see *all* usable items by your character.

9. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Then select all for the type?

10. AxeGrinder

AxeGrinder Kobold

One bugbear I have is that the inventory systems resets (and reorders) your inventory when you get out of it and get in again. I'd rather have a specific 'tidy up my inventory' button. And the way it orders is a little nonsensical. What I'd most like to order by (currently) is by class and then by type, and then by whether it requires one of those power orb thingies or not.

Another thing is the fact that the inventory is all shared. This is both good and bad. Good in that you can see everything you have and use it for any of your characters (which apply). Bad in that it's just too much and I wouldn't mind having two different inventory screens for single and multiplayer which you can share between in some way. Or perhaps Class-based inventories (then again, racial skills could be an issue) or character-specific based inventories even. I don't know.

-edit- Maybe if we could 'tag' items in our inventory it would work better. Such as for multiplayer or singleplayer or for a specific character. You'd have to be able to sort by tag, though.

11. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

The All/Usable/Unusable filter will work as a class(and race)-based filter for the currently selected character.

Certainly there could be some more sorting options, but I feel like they are actually pretty strong right now. I think my biggest issue is that the amount of items you can gather makes browsing items, even with all of the filters, tedious.

12. slyflourish

slyflourish Kobold

This. I came here specifically to say this. Item sets would be extremely useful, just so my mage can change from AoE to DPS or my fighter from Bashing to Step 2-and-then-Bash.

May I suggest alternative viewing methods? Instead of icons, could we have a List / Detail like in Windows Explorer? Viewing a list of the names of items (Right-click to view) makes sorting gear more manageable, I feel

grolibus and Essence like this.
  13. Kate

Kate Kobold

I think it would be nice to have a sort button for "most recent" items. This could be to show the most recent loot you have recieved, because sometimes you have to scroll through all your stuff to find it again! Also, maybe a "recently equiped" button, if you are trying to find that one thing you just r=took off your character!

Zalminen and penda like this.
  14. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

15. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I'd like if equipment had coloured dots beside it to indicate power tokens at a glance. Then you could sort by level but not bother checking stuff you didn't have tokens for.

16. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

I'd like this, too.

17. Echoing the "multiplayer gear cluttering my single player equipment box is annoying" gripe.

It would be awesome if we could either have:
    1) MP party keeps their gear equipped so it doesn't end up in our inventory
    2) A firmer wall between the two, ie, you have a MP inventory and SP inventory and they don't overlap
    3) One party for both by default, ie, no MP starter decks. Platy MP with your SP party/equipment.

One of those, or something like that, would be great.

18. william

william Kobold

i think it would be sweet if you could store equipment/items in your keep, out of your inventory. possibly even have separate storage bins for organization of different equipment ideas. also another thought away from this, have equipment sets that give an added bonus to cards/skills when full sets are acquired.

19. Antistone

Antistone Mushroom Warrior

Currently, when mousing-over an item near the right edge of inventory, some of the cards go off-screen and you can't see them all (at least for 6-card items). It would be very helpful if the game could detect this and slide all the cards over so they're visible.

Sort order should persist when leaving inventory screen and coming back.

Either there should be a way to specify secondary sort criteria, or some vaguely-sensible secondary sort criteria should be applied automatically in some cases. For example, when sorting items in descending order by level, it appears that the (unchangeable) secondary sort is currently ascending by quality--which makes no sense at all.

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

When clicking on an equipment slot, besides filtering by type it should also filter by Usable.