Ding lvl 20!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I'm probably not the first one but i haven't seen anything else about it so. Ding my main party is now lvl 20 which unless I'm missing something is the absolute level cap in the current beta.

Scyrax, Jayce, Jon and 3 others like this.
  2. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

'Grats

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm not sure who was first, but you are one of four beta testers to reach that lofty height. Gratz!

4. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Look forward to my beta impression on friday... it will be a lenghty one! ** All thanks redistributed to Wozarg **

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

SurgeonFish won the beta (i.e., beat all the available adventures) with a level-18 party back on January 13, so unless said fish decided that laurel-resting was in order, then level 20 probably came soon after. So there's one.

6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Oh, yeah, I kept playing the last few adventures over and over, so I also hit 20 a while ago =D

SurgeonFish had completed the adventures already though, so he was probably #1.

7. Sir Knight

Woo, just beat the last adventure! That was fun. Still need to spend the time to get up to level 20, but I don't know if I have said time.

Did you wind up playing all the top-level adventures over and over each day, or just a subset? I think the Lair of the Rose Dragon is the easiest with my current build.

8. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I kept bouncing between Lair of the Rose Dragon and Dungeon of the Swamp King when they reset, I find the levels in the Black Oaken Heart adventure more annoying ^_^

9. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

My characters are still level 18

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Same black oaken heart is ridiculous and i cant be bothered with it at all

11. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I would say it's just twice or thrice time-consuming as any other level 17 adventure. That said I will try no party death on Lair of the Rose Dragon as that's the only remaining one (for lvl 17 adventures)!

12. SurgeonFish

I consider the black oaken heart to be like the "end of beta" challenge. Its a wonderful tribute to skill and cards to ensure you are prepared for the challenges ahead blumanchu is planning

Gabbek likes this.
  13. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I'd agree with you on that one! Well said :)

14. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Oh yeah, I like the Black Oaken Heart adventure a lot, but it does require a tad more thought/effort on my part ^_^

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Has anyone actually beaten it without smokebomb?

16. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I did, but only because I don't think I've actually got any items with smokebomb =D The first time I saw the card was when Farbs beat me in multiplayer.

I ran Human Wiz/Priest/War geared up for projectile blocks - although on that close in map with the tight passages, I stuffed them with Parry. The shower of acorns move thing upset me in untold ways.

17. Sir Knight

Given that today is literally the first time I've seen Smoke Bomb available to me on an item: yes, I beat it without Smoke Bomb.

I presume that you're talking about beating the second-to-last battle: I found all the earlier battles to be manageable, and then the final fight at the end was reasonably tough, but really fun, and I beat it alright.

For the second-to-last I tried two strategies. First, since the Spreading Oak has all those ranged attacks, I tried hiding along the maze at the top and slowly destroying the melee trees. I stayed maneuverable and brought Stabs for that part, and also brought lots of Missile Block to save me from the occasional Burst ranged attack.

However, I just didn't have enough of the correct draws, so instead of waiting for the Spreading Oak to get lucky and kill me, I tried a second strategy: kill the Spreading Oak first. I put on Free Move no matter what the drawbacks so everyone could rush it. Once it was dead, I planned to use the same advantage (being even more maneuverable than usual) to handle the melee trees just as in the first strategy. It worked.

Also, this is my 1000th post. I wonder: am I about to evolve beyond "Ogre" status?

Edit: Nope.

Edit-edit: Suddenly I'm a "Hydra"?

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Yep the second to last is the one i just get frustrated and mad at the other ones are annoying at best.

19. SurgeonFish

yep

20. Peseto

Peseto Mushroom Warrior

Yes, send out my elf warrior to take care of the bleeding oak, while the priest and mage distracted the rest.