Dev Diary: "AI" is coming! Let’s talk about respawning

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Maybe as an April fool's joke they already released it?

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

So wait the joke is that there is no joke?
    Classic BM

ParodyKnaveBob and WexMajor like this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

"Ohh yeah, that's right, I've been in low enough Elo lately that Magic Elves hasn't faced me anymore to see my Aloyzo's Arena deck in full action."

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Bzzzt wrong, I just haven't been playing recently, very busy. You might also be right, though.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Asking question at this stage is probably silly, but I'll go for it anyways.

Will we see stuff like Contagion, Fork, Empower, Enlarge and Memorisation available for players after rebalancing? I think that could really change the wizards' or priests' worlds.

Macizo likes this.
  6. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

i hope dont, they seems overpowered

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

and so is Accelerate Time. Which is why introducing them with higher quality sounds like a decent idea.

Macizo likes this.
  8. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I am wondering how fork will behave on area magic.

The only 2 cards from the list I could possible see implemented are Enlarge (but with a roll mechanic) and Memorisation (Keep unless 1)
    The others are a bit OP, IMO.

9. ParodyKnaveBob

It wouldn't. It says "target."

10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Mmm. Right. What about Arcing spark then?

11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

It says SINGLE character, Arcing and Jump spark both target more than a single target.

12. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

But what if you only targeted one person with it? As an example, Leathery Hide doesn't prevent damage from Arcing Spark if the arcing spark only targets the creature with leathery hide.and extremely powerful example of that would be choosing to target the same character three times with scatter laser - actually, does anyone know if you can damage an egg with leathery hide using a scatter laser that targets the same egg three times?

13. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

You can't choose the same target multiple times with the version of Scatter Laser that got released :)

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. ParodyKnaveBob

That's weird. Leathery Hide shouldn't grant Immunity to Arcing Spark since it *does* directly target. Hm. If that's what happens, I'd report that as a bug.

timeracers likes this.
  15. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I have always been curious about how Enlarge would work with Spreading Laser. Could you hit 9 times the center target? or only once? or maybe Enlarge would not trigger?

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'd assume Spreading Laser would check each tile within a 3x3 radius around the targeted tile and on any tile in that radius with a character in it, hit that character and hit any adjacent characters. Sounds like it could hit a lot of enemies if you can get enemies in a tight cluster.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm pretty sure it's not what happens. Leathery Hide cares about targeting, not how many characters are targeted.

18. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Helpful tip for when AI comes out: Randimar's Rarities only loads your new stuff when you check it the first time in a week, so if you don't check it the week AI is scheduled to come out until it DOES come out, you'll have an extra chance to get all the new rare stuff! Of course, this'll only be useful if the devs give us a warning of the week it'll be released, other than "This month probably".

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'm just not checking my RR until Friday of any given week.

20. ParodyKnaveBob

I'm just not checking my RR until Monday of next week.

timeracers and Inkfingers like this.