Deckbuild #2

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by c4rnivean, Mar 23, 2016.

1. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

Hi, I've got a some legendaries now but am obviously missing several here: to head off a few suggestions, I do not have blue destruction, phantom pain or raging battler. Here's an idea to use what I've got: buff/burst/volc. A weakness is that losing any character unbalances me badly.

2 questions: Is using these 3 roles viable (i.e. is it better than just straight volc)? If so, any thoughts on improving these within their roles?

Quinfinn
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Wulfquin
    Level 20 Human Priest

Dumbledore
    Level 17 Human Wizard

2. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Volcanoes work very well when synergized with effects that occur at the latter rounds. The difficulty is a pass-to-keep-passing strat, without a cleverly person realising wasted turns. Whilst skull of savage will help with this and fool an opponent, if say I saw the hover first, and one wiz not using attacks, I'd aptly wait. That being said, with the leadership to cycle through searing, this seems legit. Really if you lose one you will probably lose, so, perhaps think on using the priest in a more dynamic way. If you want the burfft, then maybe add a few attack cards. If you more wanna survive the lava terrains, add more armor/heal. Just needs some tweaking here and there.

By the way, I did clearly added dibs to the thread title Deckbuild 2#, did you not © it?

3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Volcano is strong if you build around it, but not so much if you don't. I do see how you can force the opponents to move by bursting and that the volcano wizard also has AoE attacks, but other than that I don't see the synergy. You seem to be trying to pair buffed burst which is an immediate-impact build with volcano which is a delayed-impact build. That kind of pairing works, but encounters problems that you need micro-fixes for. I don't doubt that this build will do well with a good draw. It's just that I can see several situations where you'd lack mobility to counter your own volcanoes (your burst wiz's GoW becomes lethal to you once you run savage). Also, there's no way to get past blocks with your fireball burst (most effective buffed burst builds have a way to deal with this).

I think Volcano is a nice pairing with fire, though not in this rotation because delayed-impact builds suffer from minuscule map size. I dare say going with burst + control and control + linears would work better. Or just go full Volcano, a la billiska, or Volcano + AT + optional fire which does work.

Ghostbrain likes this.
  4. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

Deckbuild #2 is completely different than Deckbuild 2#, I don't understand how anyone could see a similarity!

I tried the first suggestion with oak staves for linear (no deadly deadly) and still not so hot. Didn't have enough control vs 3 war and barely won. Idk, I can try volc.

Quinfinn
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Wulfquin
    Level 20 Human Priest

Dumbledore
    Level 17 Human Wizard

Macizo likes this.
  5. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Oak Staff isn't such a good idea because Arcane Beam is range 5, not 6. There are many corners you can't hit with range 5 that you can hit with range 6, that it's such a meaningful difference. Also, a reason why DDS works is because with Electroporter Novice the damage of your linear is at least around 6.

I'm not sure how effective buffed burst is this rotation (and Volcano too, for that matter). Sure, it works because it's a stable build, but it doesn't go well with the dynamics of the current rotation. I would rather run something like Heartripper + Staff Of Chask for Punishing Bolt and Pushback Parry are very strong versus warriors. But of course, we all have our tastes.

6. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Thanks for sharing! I'm lucky mostly on junky legs (even 3-5 copies of most useless=)))), some day i would try this build definitely=)))

7. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Put your priest into slot 1 so novice ablution can remove negative traits from the wizards before they activate.

c4rnivean likes this.