Decisions, decisions

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Captain Awesome, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Which one should I play as?

1. More Movement

60.0%
  2. Stronger Attack

40.0%
  1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

XD

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

No images here.

*EDIT* I've already told the op, he should have it fixed soon and then we can all comment on it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I think you can find far better boots for Minor Token .. there are both better armored boots and better movement boots .. I'd use more movement though.. Flanking Move for example .. goes great with step attacks..

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm a little confused by your choices here. I mean, why AOA on the second warrior instead of the first? Why use Frenzied Slicing on one and then... advanced chopping? or some silly thing on the second?

Also, I think that Good Spiked Boots are rather unappreciated , despite being the strongest common item with that many points of armor. Not all of us have Kerrick's or Quellic's Boots.
    Argo's Boots, also unappreciated boots, but probably there is a better option out there you may not have yet (Corian's Boots, maybe?)
    If attachments (from your priest) aren't an issue, I would think about using those Naradoc's Boots in your inventory. Immovable can be a very strong card.

If you're going to use 2x Bejewelled Shortsword, you should try to fit in as many Parry on your shield as possible so that you can survive landing those hits.

You should also consider : Novice Slicing, Gauntlets Of The Giant

5. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I dont really like Officer's Harness (unbuffed) .. it takes you 2 officer harness to "reliably" block 1dmg? I think even 1 walk can prevent much more damage than those 2 harnesses..

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Hard to comment out of context without knowing your other characters... I think adding the VP to the elf maneuvers is a good synergy. Staying with the 2nd image spending a token on a Skill without getting a unique card out of it (e.g. Team Walk, Frenzy Aura, or even an Impaling Stab) or a trait that has a synergy with your attacks is a waste. It looks like you have 2 Excellent Rapiers (hard to tell just on the picture, but looks like you are into Epic items so it fits) I might trade the boots you are using for something like Goat Boots as you want to draw step attack not standard moves from the Elf Maneuvers and you might want to consider switching out shields so you don't have a block/move card as again you want to draw attacks not moves, a straight Parrying buckler is great if you can spare the token.
    But all of this is worth less if you don't have a buffs to help this warrior builds out. There are 2 buffs warriors have available to themselves either buffing armor (Frenzy Aura and its lil bro' Horned Armor) or Blind Rage. I would trade out the Helmet for a Crusty and use the token on a buffing armor, Curass of Froth is my fav but encumber w/ the Ill-fitting nerfs the NSs which is a waste... so Gauntlets of the Giant gets 1 Frenzy Aura or you can go for one of the armors with Horned Armor. Otherwise you have Blind Rage which if you don't have a Trolls ire or Crazy Sal's there are a handful of weapons with 1 Blind Rage, best fit would be a Rageblood Dagger only 2 blue tokens (so can use with Bejeweled and VP) and has 4 step attacks, but watchout for the Raging Strike. Doubt you have 1 but Angry Jack's is the one helmet with a Blind rage. Naturally a buffing priest makes this type of build even better.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You should use tokenless boots on the Bejeweled guy (maybe Goat Boots) and then you'll have a token for Cuirass of Froth. :)