[Custom Scenario] Pirate Attack!

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Scared Little Girl, Jan 6, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Pirate Attack!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Prologue
    You get attacked by two pirate ships.

[​IMG]
    Epilogue
    You win.

[​IMG]
    Introduction

I wanted to make a naval battle scenario so here it is. It's still very much under construction and I haven't been able to test it much so it might be too easy/too difficult or even boring.

This is supposed to be the first or second part of a 3-part adventure called "The Treasure of the Monkey King" that would be built around the ship you see there in the center. Idea is that the ships crew is searching for a legendary treasure of the Monkey King, and during their journey they encounter all kinds of dangerous things like pirates and sea monsters. I'm not sure if I have the time/energy to do the whole adventure, so this might stay as a single scenario.

You are sailing on the high seas, minding your own business, when you are suddenly attacked by two pirate ships. The bigger pirate ship has the invasion force that will try to take over your ship. The smaller pirate ship has a big siege weapon, designed to deal massive area damage and disable your ship so that you are unable to flee.

Tips:
    - consider blocking the entry to your ship so that you won't get surrounded
    - use ships masts as cover if possible
    - you do not need to kill the creatures in the smaller ship
    - pray rng Gods that you draw Fireballs

If you have any questions, comments or ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Nice concept and execution. I saw another player a while back with a ship based scenario (can't remember their name) but yours is much more complete.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I belive both Lance and Gabbek created boat based maps in the past (although I believe at least one of them was a pvp map). I really like that look of the Lizardman galley though!

4. I used a forum search "ship" just now and found a couple of naval scenarios that I did not existed. So much for being original :( The one by Gabbek was so close to my design that it actually took me a second to realize that I wasn't looking at my own creation.

Well, I guess the sea is big enough for multiple ships :)

---

Btw, to those who didn't get it, the top ship is supposed to be a Viking Ship. Something like this:

[​IMG]
    Although now that I look at the picture, the flaws in my design are pretty apparent. Viking Ships were designed so that both ends were more or less identical. This made them much more mobile because they could easily change the direction of movement.

I need to make some visual tweaks.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Ah, I interpreted it as a roman galley. Unless you feel you really want to emulate a viking ship, I'd say the one you have now is excellent. Also, probably hard to be original when recreating the more standard ships due to limited tile wooden tilesets et c - maybe you can come up with a brand new design for it, if it bothers you. It does look very nice either way! Also, as this is a supposed fantasy setting - I believe you could get away with designing your ships mixing and matching cultures as you'd want.

[​IMG]

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

That's pretty awesome!

7. Um... yes.. YES, that roman galley is exactly what I was going for! The viking ship thing was a simple typo. :)

You don't by any chance happen to know any roman style smaller ship that I could use as a model for the other ship? I'd like it to be a bit more complex than the row boat (without oars) it currently is.

Thanks. :)

8. MagicLance

MagicLance Mushroom Warrior

Looks great.:) The middle ship is done real nice. The lizards ship is good as well but the small raft with the tree is not needed.
    Since blocking the planks seams to be the best strategy the barrage helped me more then them.
    I would suggest to remove the raft and instead give the enemy 2 war monkeys. They would fit nicely in as quick "scampering" pick pocket pirates.
    As an alternative for an enemy bomber I would suggest a regular oak tree or two.
    In my only test of this the spell casters secured the win with fire balls and lots of healing. I guess I got lucky.
    The spear man died first followed by the cook who held out rather well. Clumsy hindered me a lot there.
    Being Netted was not bad since after moving in closer it mattered little.
    The Victory square seams unnecessary considering the massive stars needed to win.
    Keep up the great work!