[Custom Scenario] Gym Battle

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by WhiteSorcerer, Nov 17, 2013.

1. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

- now work in progress aiming for mauve manticore quality level :D -

After a day of difficult work, the king's servants engage in a questionable undergroung hobby...

You can play it 1v1 (Gym Battle) or 2v2 (Gym Battle 2v2)

Gym.jpg

(This is the first experiment about this concept, i have some other ideas in mind)

(I forgot the tag [Custom Scenario], a moderator can help me please?)

v. 1.1

Some cosmetic changes, now the center squares look like platforms

Fixed terrain issues

Uploaded a 2 vs 2 version!

Attached Files:

Farbs likes this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Sorted the title for you.

Like the idea of the floating platforms - didn't get it initially, however - would suggest switching facing of the 2 flying combatants. Looks odd that they're currently facing their trainer rather than each other!

3. WhiteSorcerer

Thanks! That's right, I think about it as floating platforms - i changed the black tiles into impassable terrain.

@pengw1n It was intentional, its like the servant is coaching the pet before the fight... anybody else find it odd?

4. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

That negates at least one of the dragon's attacks, the poison bite, which is range 1. Also, the center block is not impassible terrain, it's blocking terrain, preventing ANY attacks from being exchanged between the monsters.

5. WhiteSorcerer

Thanks Arcadian, i fixed the map: now the center square allows sight - its not implassable, but open terrain, now the wyvern can use meele if it also has an extra move - adding a little more tatic to the game. I made also a 2v2 version, check it out!

6. I think the map design is just awesome. I like the unique shape and nice details. Looks very professional. Gameplay-wise it's not the most exciting thing out there but I understand that this is just an experiment.

I had the same idea of floating platforms and people using teleport/fly to move around, but I hadn't figured out what to do with it yet :) If you want more out of this concept, I suggest you add more monsters, maybe 3 each. I would also add more platforms to jump on, maybe so that you cannot instantly jump onto VP square? It would also be cool to have maybe characters that can do lava, spikes or acid, so that you could force opponent to move around. For example you could replace that servant with a mage or something.

Just some quick ideas that may or may not work. :)

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

cool looking scenario, well done whitesorceres, will try it later today :)

im really glad that thanks to MM1 a bit more ppl are using the editor :) so much potencial there, after all,we alla re gm's at <3 :p

8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Like most people said, the 1v1 version is pretty and cool but not actually all that fun. I just played the 2v2 version against Waldo though and it was cool and fun. Nice one!

Quick q: Are characters supposed to be able to stand in the middle tile? That seemed like an exploit, but we weren't sure.

9. WhiteSorcerer

Well, I was unsure about the middle tile. I decided for turning it walkable because this way you can use meele attacks with the wyvern, at the cost of leaving it open to the back row monster's attacks from the other player. This way you can build a situation in which you can use 2 monsters against 1 (one on the middle tile and the other on the victory square), but also stand with one of the monsters (the one on the middle tile) in a vulnerable position.

PS: my english is intermediate, I hope my grammar isn't as bad as I imagine it D=