[Custom MP] Sunken Throneroom

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Blindsight, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Claim the throne before your enemies do!

I'd love to get any feedback you wish to share.
    Last Updated 7/12/13 - Cosmetic changes.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Farbs and shram86 like this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I love the theme, and the board looks great.
    The throne in particular looks nice.
    There's a door in the lower area hanging off the map, which is a bit weird. The roots look cool though.

The boulder and the matching pillar are Impassible, which surprised me since we use those for Blocking terrain in the official maps. I could imagine people would just assume those were blocking and get a nasty surprise.

I was only able to play against the AI, but I imagine wizards would tend to hang out on the opposite side of the sunken marsh taking pot shots at warriors vying for the throne. I think it would be very cool to play properly.

EDIT:
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but it might help to use the shadow decals to create an inset drop shadow effect in the sunken area. This might give it a bit more depth and make the transitions a bit less harsh.

3. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I've updated the original post to reflect changes. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah was kind of trying a more 3d-ish effect. The top double door is the same. Intended to look as though it is standing up from the side of the board. may remove...

Yeah, you're right. I should find something that is conventionally used as impassible and switch it out. Thanks.

I've gotten a few people to test it out with me and while that has happened there has been a lot of variation in play styles. I'd love to get more people playing and feedback though.

Yeah, it's a lot more sparse than it once was. I'll go pretty it up a bit and make that change.