[Custom Module] The terrible 5 (PVE)

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Hey guys, this is going to be a serie of 5 maps. hope you enjoy it.

first map)Ambush
    The Terrible Five

Introduction: Your friend, the wizard Aloyzo, charged you to go to the city of Evergreen, to deliver a package of magical supplies to the local wizard guild.

Ambush: You and your party are traveling to Evergreen following the western road, that leads right to the SunSet Valley. When you enter the canyon that leads into the valley, suddenly you fell a change in the air. Something wrong. A group of mercenary's and their pets ambush you. No words traded, just the sound of arrows flying, swords being drawn and dog barks. Defend yourself.

Note: in the 7 post theres a easier version of tthe 5 maps

Attached Files:

2. tuknir

second part) Gathering Information

After Ambush: You search the fallen bodies for some clue that helps you know who and what this men wanted. Only thing you find is a folded map with a marked Manor to the south-west.Time to investigate
    -------
    Gather Information: After dealing with a lonely guard at the manor door, you manage to enter it. Suddenly you hear the amplified voice of Lord Batford: "Our Guests arrive, subdue then, while i destroy the orders"
    Fast, navigate the manor and get the information before its too late

Attached Files:

3. tuknir

third map) Nightmare Field

After "Gather Information": As Lord Batford escapes, you manage to recover a set of documents and papers. It seems Lord Batford and Lord Stadford teamed up to get their revenge on you. There's 3 more signatures on the orders but you don't have time to read those, suddenly a blue light engulfs you and suddenly your somewhere else.
    --------
    Nightmare Field: Your transported to a bizarre world, with weird textures and colors and a deadly silence. Suddenly a booming voice: -" You really thought you could ruin our plans time and time again,and escape unpunished? This is my dream-word, IM GOD here, prepare to die!" The talker is none other than Morvin the demon, but while he talked you noticed the willpower he was using to trap you on this weird dreamscape. If you manage to hold on or destroy the demon you will be free

Attached Files:

4. tuknir

Last 2 maps will be posted when ready. if anyone trys the first 3 please tell me what you think

5. tuknir

After Nightmare Field: You manage to break the demon Molvin hold on you.Back at the real world, you don't have much time to rest, a big group is approaching you really fast.To avoid being surrounded you and your team manage to enter a old cave.
    ------
    4º part)Hide: You careful read the information you gathered back at the manor, Seems Batford,Stadford, The master of the order of the core, Morvin and Warden Gorald are all working together to take you down.Just now the cave where your resting is stormed by a group of mercenary lead by Batford and Stadford. Stand your ground.

Attached Files:

6. tuknir

After Hide: With great cost, you prevail, Lord Batford and Stadford are defeated. Time to deal with the others 3 and stop then once for all.
    -----
    5º part)Mausoleum: You manage to track Warden Gorald to a small Mausoleum. After watching the place for a couple hours you noticed he and and others are barricaded there, you must storm the mausoleum and finish this.

Attached Files:

7. tuknir

Finaly finished this small adventure/module. Any tryed it? what you tought? good/bad? easy/difficult? please leave feedback :)

8. tuknir

After some tests,where i controled the ai,so it was really unfair, i decided to make it bit easier. Easier versions of parts 1,2,4 and 5 in attachement.
    Or u can always use the original file and put the number of enemys at your leisure.

NOTE: the order is: Ambush-Gathering Information-NightmareField-Hide-Mausoleum

Attached Files:

9. Thanks for posting these.

I only tried the first one (Ambush) but the problem is that it is WAY too difficult. The original Ambush is so difficult it's almost funny. There are too many enemies, they have too many cards, and they are too powerful. My SP build that can easily finish all lvl 17 quests, got wiped out during round 2. The easier version is indeed easier but it's still way too difficult imo. When I tried that, I barely lasted to round 4 but was nowhere near a win. I couldn't even imagine a scenario where the draw was so good that I would actually win. The 4-5 1HP quests I just finished were easy compared to this.

I think that in a set of 5 maps, the difficulty should slowly increase as you move forward. Currently anyone who tries these will probably rege-quit after the first one.

Maybe there are builds that can win Ambush, but I didn't bother trying to find them. It would be better if the quests weren't so difficult that you need to build the perfect deck just to beat that one quest. Then again this might interest those who are looking for a hardcore challenge. But with no special loot as a reward, most people probably won't bother.

It's not bad, but like I said, too difficult. :)

10. tuknir

Thanks for trying and for the feedback. Yes, the original was way to difficult, but the easier one its doable, maybe hard yes but i wanted a challenge since you just where ambushed :p i think the hardest battle is the 4 one. fell free to try the other ones and give feedback,it helps me improve for the next ones

ye, would be nice to be able to get some kinda of loot :( maybe soon they improve unto the custom scenarios

11. I finished the second part (the easy version). This was a 100 times easier than the first part, although I had Volcanoes which absolutely destroyed everyone on the map except me. So it was probably so easy because I had a good counter for it.

I liked the map design, specifically the idea of having multiple rooms. Regular Card Hunter quests usually happen either in a big room or big open space outside. Having a bunch of smaller rooms and doors between them reminds me of old school D&D modules which is always nice. Card Hunter level designers should take a note.

Thanks for the module.

12. tuknir

thank you for the feedback :) keep trying the other parts and hope you having some fun :)

btw so far liking the maps/story? :)