[Custom Map] Ziggurat

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Aldones, Nov 23, 2013.

1. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

it's OK, your designs are overall beautiful and im pointing at just one little aspect. Hope you make a map which satisfies you :D

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My eyes can't get past the asymmetry of that map (which actually isn't as asymmetric as it seems). So I thought I'd draw up a little pyramid myself, and you can expand it as you wish. Only it didn't end up all that little...

[​IMG]

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Personally, I still think the one shown in post number 6 of this thread is the best. I think the shape and shadows give it a nice illusion of height. It's a shame that there aren't any water tiles that give the impression of downwards flow but my brain happily filled in those details after a little while of looking at it. I think it does a very good job of imitating the pyramids this image, particularly the smaller ones just below and to the left of the big one:
    I would be perfectly happy playing a game on that map. My response would be, "Hey, that pyramid is really cool."

4. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Now I'm feeling torn. What's funny, is after finishing it last night, I kinda fell in love with that last one I made in post 18. With all the jagged edges, my first reaction was "ewww!"
    Then I started remembering buildings from cheesy movie fight scenes like this one.
    [​IMG]
    ... and I was like, yeah, it doesn't need to be terribly smooth looking. sometimes a really jagged building just looks more exotic.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I have to be honest, I prefer your earlier version to to anything else posted in this thread. But remember, you're the creator!

(sometimes over editing is a curse)

6. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Well, it's your map - you should definitely choose whichever one you like best! I'm just saying my own preference is for your earlier designs, but I'm sure it'll end up looking great whatever. As for the large size of the map, it would be a shame to have so much of it just be background. Have you considered doing more than one battle, each set in a different area of the map?

7. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

I'm with him