[Custom Map] The Defiled Septum

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Evolved, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Evolved

Evolved Mushroom Warrior

My second attempt and multiplayer map making takes us to The Defiled Septum. It features 2 victory squares, a crystalline alter which separates them and sacrificial pools filled with blood and remains. With these rival parties mere meters from one another tensions will rise. But who will be the first the break the stale mate.

Not a single creature lives within three leagues of this forlorn temple. But the brave and the foolhardy pay this warning little heed. Instead they must end whatever horror is responsible. The truth is worse than could be imagined. A dark cult has put into motion a ritual on the cusp of unleashing a malevolent curse which threatens to tear this world asunder. They have already given their lives, but the ritual demands a greater sacrifice. Can you stop it, or will you be the final offering that dooms our world?

I hope you enjoy. Please post any thoughts, comments or feedback below and I'll do my best to address them. Be warned there has been very little play testing so far.

Defiled_Septum.jpg

Terrain for those interested.
    Defiled_Septum Terrain.jpg

Attached Files:

Jayce, Pengw1n and Platouf like this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Looks great, but I thought the septum was part of an organic wall or some such (and name of a piercing due to that)? Sanctum might be what you're after if I understand your map to be a temple of sorts?

3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yeah, a septum is generally a wall or the part of your nose that separates it into two nostrils (heh). Still, this is one bad-ass looking map!

4. Evolved

Evolved Mushroom Warrior

I was trying to use the more archaic form as an homage to the wall that separates the two victory points. But it's probably still invalid usage. I'll might switch it to either The Forgotten Sect, or The Defiled Sanctum.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

+1 vote for Septum over Sanctum. It made me look the word up, which is always a good thing.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Seems I was incorrect, funny that there wasn't an entry even closely related to churches in the wiki - but apparently elsewhere on the net. As long as it's the word you intended I see no reason to change it :)