[Custom Map] Shattered Mausoleum

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Evolved, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Evolved

Evolved Mushroom Warrior

Here is my first map. It's designed for multiplayer 3v3. It has only 1 victory square, which is hidden away at the center of a 4 way intersection of corridors. While the victory square is enclosed, this can be both a blessing and a curse for any who may try to claim it.

Rumors abound of a mysterious fountain whose waters can heal even the most grievous wounds. But the fountain lies in the bowels of a forsaken place, the mausoleum of a long forgotten scourge. This tomb has been shattered by recent earth quakes and volcanic activity. Can you retrieve the water before the tomb is lost forever? And what of its mysterious powers, they heal but at what cost?

From the spawn locations, there are three paths that lead to the fountain. To the west is the longest but most protected path, which provides ample cover to those traverse it. To the east is a short path, but it's open and very exposed to enemy attacks. The shortest path by far is blocked by rubble, which will take some time to negotiate. Whichever path you choose, make haste as the fountains reserves are dwindling rapidly.

I hope you enjoy. Please post any thoughts, comments or feedback below and I'll do my best to address them. Be warned there has been very little play testing so far.

Shattered_Mausoleum.jpg

Update: Also made a smaller version of the map for playtesting. It should have all the original key features but take a little less time before the action starts.

Attached Files:

Jayce and Phaselock like this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Looks great, like a shattered lands scenario. Oh, you are missing lower doodads around the map edges. Hope it helps.

3. Evolved

Evolved Mushroom Warrior

Thanks! Yeah, haven't gotten to putting those last few bits of polish on yet. Still thinking about shrinking the board slightly.

UPDATED: Put in those doodads, still need to play test more before I decided whether to shrink it or not.

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I love the theme, and there are some cool ideas at work here.
    Give me a shout if you see me in the lobby, and we'll try this out.