[Custom Map] Ninja School

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Nov 21, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

This is the current map im twinking with.

The idea is that Lord Batford was alot of "ninja" cards like dodge, duck and trowing daggers, so he is graduating from a ninja dojo and this is the graduation duel. can anyone try it and see if its too hard?

if its too hard, what can i change to make it more easier?

NOTE: check post 13 for the newest version, should be alot more easier and fun

Attached Files:

2. MINETAUR

MINETAUR Kobold

The taunt from orcs might be a little bit too much. If you are unlucky and got hit with taunt, then for 2 rounds you cant use your attacks, and use the cards you get by ducking. Still if you get lucky you might get 2 dodge cards :) nice work, take care

3. tuknir

I changed a bit, took the lizard out and added a ornithoper, should be easier now. can anyone try? dont want it to hard bu also dont want it to easy

Attached Files:

4. I tried it but didn't finish it. It got a bit tedious because I didn't draw enough attack cards and most of the battle was just me running away.

But the main problem for me was the theme. I mean we have an old man with a cane graduating from ninja school? :) Also why is he dueling against random monsters like cockroaches? Makes no sense. You clearly chose the characters based on their cards, not based on the theme. In my opinion you should try to find a balance between the two so that the theme wouldn't be so weird. And my main beef of course is the fact that you do not have Nimble Strike. How can you be a ninja without one? :)

But I do like the idea of a ninja school and a hard-to-hit character against multiple opponents. It just needs a bit of work imo. For example the story could be something about old master ninja defending his dojo against rival ninjas/samurai/whatever, with characters to match the story.

5. tuknir

Thanks for the feedback :) need check wiki for some fitting decks :)

my idea was that lord stadfort is a karate pro so lord batford wanted to up-come him by graduating from a ninja school :p but the idea of a old master defending the dojo i a cool one

6. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

In an age where Naruto is a thing, disrespecting elderly ninja makes me feel old.
    Ninjas are ten times as deadly if you're foolish enough to give them a cane.

I think you may have a few issues with players unable to decide if this battle is meant to feel serious or comic. Maybe work on the story delivery just a bit so that we're primed and okay with being this wacky old dude fighting against taunts and roaches across a surprisingly somber backdrop.

Edit:
    Did you mean to put that one doodad on backwards? The "Tree Contents", or whatever it is?

My experience with it was pretty much Batford running around tooting his horn with Raise Alarm and ganking himself with Ouch!
    Makes me wonder how the AI plays him.
    I get the impression that you may have memories of this guy being cooler than he really is. I didn't ever feel like I was some kind of ninja. The dodge wasn't good enough by itself, and the throwing knife is exactly too weak to kill a roach. It may be that for him to feel appropriate, he needs to bring along his gang of supporting ninjas, cunningly disguised as servants.
    This picture was pretty much the extent of things by turn 2.
    batford taunt.jpg
    The taunts suck.

On another few playthroughs, I tried taking your word to heart and let myself rely more on dodges to save my butt, and got two hit by an orc. this character is awfully squishy. He plays like a gimped elf wizard. I really think your idea is sound, but the protagonist isn't. On his own, there aren't a whole lot of things in the monster roster that probably couldn't take him, especially when starting out surrounded. Maybe move his spawn a bit so a player has a slightly higher chance of getting good cards before enemies close in on him? Once he got rolling it was only moderately difficult to maintain things; that spawn position was where I felt totally at the mercy of my starting hand.

7. tuknir

Thanks all for the feedback :)

Aldone i dont see any backward doodad.can u point it?

anyway i change the spawns and the story. now its 2 lord batfords (the old ninja master) fighting some machines. works better now because each lord can use raise the alarm on the other

instead of Lord Batford graduating from a ninja school, its 2 old ninja masters having a friendly duel when their dojo is invaded by some war machines and they orc mercenary handler, sented by a rival dojo. what you guys think now?

Attached Files:

8. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

over to the right on the edge

backwards doodad.jpg

9. tuknir

oh yes,thats intentional :)

the new version is fun, had my last ninja master with 1 hp and only 1 golem left,but then i draw ouch and died :(

those golem armors are anoying. maybe change the golens for more ornithopers?

10. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I didn't think it was possible for them to do this, but those copper golems were like racing machines and destroyed me on turn 1. Maybe use tin ones?

11. tuknir

thanks alot aldones i knew there was a weaker golem somewhere, but only could find the copper and bronze ones, going try it with the tin and see

12. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

another thing, maybe make those orcs a minion group? the taunts are annoying enough without not even being able to hit the other orc.

Edit: yep, golem armor and ouch! are pretty much what beat me. I was doing pretty well, otherwise. It just took forever. :)

13. tuknir

Oki, ive changed the golens to Tin ones, the rest stayed the same. i think its quite good and fun now :)

Attached Files:

14. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

I think you uploaded the first version, not the newest.

15. tuknir

really? let me check

yep, your right Aiven, fixed, thanks alot :)

Aiven likes this.
  16. Naazghuul

Naazghuul Kobold

damn it was easy ones u figured it out

17. tuknir

So its fun little map? any tips of how i can improve it?

18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Quite enjoyable (and a bit easy, given the amount of movement Lord Batford has), except for the Tin Golems.

I spent three times as long killing off the Tin Golems as I did the rest of the enemies, never taking any hits, but all the while whittling down Lord Batford's health via Ouch. I almost quit after spending two or three rounds of attacks without doing any damage to the Golems.

Since Lord Batford neither has nor can steal (via Duck) any attacks that do more than 4 damage, you should swap out the Golems for something with less armor. An Ogre of some sort might give a better feeling of a "heavy" enemy which isn't completely undamageable.

19. tuknir

Neoncat actualy i had some other golens before, but those had even more hp and still alot of armor... so decided to twink a bit and put the weak tin ones, but i will think it over,will do some small changes, raise up the dificult a bit.

20. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

it would be cool if you could steal some powerful attacks with duck and utilize them.