Cursed Radcannon

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I think that this weapon is easily on the level of the searing pain. This was the result of the third action of my opponent (after buffing his guy with the radcannons).

First_Round_Cursed_Radcannon1.png
    First_Round_Cursed_Radcannon2.png

How are your experiences against or with the Radcannon?

And before someone says easy solution is purging burst. I could not reach my dwarfs with the priest.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

"Rad Bomb is underwhelming," they said ...

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Who said when wo whom? :p

I think in the right setup this is incredible. In this case I had to play against three priest buffed with savage curse and unholy wellspring. Later in the game I could have killed one of the priest if I did not had squemish on my char. May be the Radcannon is a thing were you need some luck. There are handicaps which are doing nothing, but there are handicaps which are not so nice. I fear the day where someone gets his hands onto four Cursed Radcannons. Unlesss that one is me. :D

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Does purge work on rad bomb attachements?
    So someone else is doing the same i do atm? Who? Is it Tiwx? Does he do it to make fun of fireball/searing pain noobs as well?

5. My understanding was that Purge didn't remove radiation-generated attachments on your characters, making them rather difficult to dislodge.

Double trip is rather unlikely, but extremely powerful. I've done the same earlier when experimenting with radiation from... not a cursed radcannon, since I don't have any, and it might have been from radiation spray (and being halted next to briefly-persistent radiation tiles is obviously nasty unless you're hovering!). Pretty much switched to more traditional frenzy/nimbus/purge, though; less variance that way.

6. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

If Festering Guts and Mad Dog is removed from the pool of possible handicaps, I will play Radcannon as well. Being tripped twice hurts, but the chances are very low.

Catching a big attack with an unreliable block is nice as well, but both things are not reliable in my opinion.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think purge does work on rad bomb attachments. I think it's the terrain attachments that make purge wonky ATM.

8. idontexist

idontexist Kobold

I had a game yesterday where my nearly dead wizard got festering guts from radiation and my opponent didn't notice and didn't question when I rushed into the middle of his team with said wizard. Him killing my wizard and thus 2 of his own characters turned my unwinnable hand into a fluke win. I really like that you really have to pay attention to the random debuffs/buffs from radiation cards and that they can occasionally be double edged swords. It feels balanced to me.

9. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

if player 1 use radiation bomb ( or radiation terrain) it counts as handicap played by player 1, so player 1 purge does remove radiation bomb's generated handicaps, while player 2 purge does not.
    Reason being, if player A purges player B character, he supposedly does not want to remove the handicaps from his opponent.

10. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

In my opinion, if I attach a handicap to my opponent, it should always be a handicap for him (but I am fine with useless handicaps, like defensiveless on warriors), but never a handicap for me. It feels wrong if a handicap allows for the opportunity to turn an otherwise unwinnable game (as in your game). From design perspective this is not in line with boost cards (applied by genetical engineering for example). Boost cards NEVER hurt you or are beneficial to your enemy (worst case is they do nothing). The problem is further enhanced that radiation handicaps are unpurgable under certain circumstances. But maybe it is just me.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Mindless Battlerage on an enemy has won me a few games (in SP). And then there's Blind Rage which is a boost and a handicap.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

So even if I could have reached my dwarfes, I could not have purged them? Or later in the game if I had have a purge to remove the squemish, it would not remove the squemish? Meh...

13. ttsukasa

ttsukasa Mushroom Warrior

I'm using 2x radcannons in my current deck. After about 30 games my personal opinion is that it is not dependable, its fun for every now and then but you must realize rad bomb can also give "rage" as a handicap, or several other no point handicaps.

haesslicherBob likes this.
  14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

And the winner is .... billiska. Got him to a rating in the 1800s and a winning streak of 15 games. Well done.

15. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

what a balanced weapon

No seriously, this thing and billiska's deck overall is one of the most annoying things I encountered.

- Nearly impossible to kill
    - Radiation adds handicaps, therefore removes buffs
    - Card Cycling
    - BURFFFFFFT

Why is this so OP?

16. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

This and access to tokenless like hand of melvelous and savage iljin makes it the perfect luxury deck... Fits in with the halloween theme of orange I guess xD

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I've got three The Softners in Skarls I'll trade someone for a Radcannon. (Not because I actually want to use it, just because I need it for the collection :).)

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I still need both. Not only for my collection, but both to actually play with them. Cursed Radcannon I would try in different leagues like Golden Shrine. And the Softener is great in MP.

19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Billiska is around again and this time I saw, that not only purge wont work, but also Shrug Of did not get rid with the handicaps. Poor opponents...

But I found the weakness of his deck. He uses Tome Of The Withering Source and not The Deadonomicon.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Jezterscap, CT5 and Han Lee like this.
  20. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'm curious how this compares against the x4 searing pain setup. I'll need more rad cannons to find out :p